Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70456.89

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member

Best Freeroll Advice

What are your best tips for winning freerolls (public and private). I would like to heare some advice for early game, mid game and final table play. Thanks.

PokerOwned Pro
    play tight at the beginning for theres a lot of donkeys and donk plays. you dont want to take that risk unless you find AA KK or QQ. In the middle you should become aware of peoples playing styles and when the blinds reach 30/60 you want to gradually loosen up your starting hand range. play player vs player, especially against people like JB. final table you want to wait till the first few get ko'd before you do anything wild, because generally theres a few clingons that will shove in a desperation attempt to accumulate chips. then lots of aggression at the end. no guts no glory....also as you shrink in table size you have to put yourself in tougher and tougher decisions till the end, when its 4 handed the orbits are going that much fast and you have to be involved in more hands. thats the best advice i can give

One word, Patience.
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Elite PokerOwned Member
    On big freerolls, I play more lose and I try do double up on first levels. On private freerolls, I play tight and wait for the good hands (AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK, AQ..), when they come I play agressively.

Master Sergeant
    my advice is to just fck sht up at the best of your abilities. thats what i do

Thinknhurtz said it best but i see alot of people doing what alwaysrain does. Thats fine also if you dont mind waiting for another 4 hours for next freeroll or you get lucky and dbl up. for some aggression works and for other tight works. Theres no exact way your supposed to play but hope to have fun and last a while.
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Elite PokerOwned Member
    OK, good stuff guys, keep it coming. As for me, in the big public ones, I generally go all in several times in the first few dozen hands looking for at least 3 double ups. I usually fail, and so it's on to the next big freeroll. But every 10 or so, I actually get a huge stack and I stick around a play it aggressively for an hour or so. If after that hour I have been able to accumulate even more chips, I will take the freeroll seriously and try to win money. This has saved me A LOT of time. I really only play 3-5 big public freerolls per week now in a serious way, but those 3-5 I always have a huge stack and a legitimate chance of winning after a couple hours of play. Private freerolls I treat like my real money games, playing tight and aggressive when I hit my hands.

PokerOwned God
    I guess tight is right at the beginning. Later on (bubble and before FT) you should play more agressive

This really depends on your style of play. But, here my general rule. If I can play plenty of FR's and I have a cash roll to play when not in a FR. I will generally shove ATC first 2 to 3 hands of a FR. If I chip up, then I play Super Agrro semi LaG, until about the bubble. Then, it depends on my relative chip count vs. average chip count. This way you avoid a lot of wasted time for FR. But, that's just me.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    In addition a lot of luck should help, lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast