Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70626.36

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sergeant
    We have a weekly poker game and we get a lot of newcomers, new to poker (live on an army base). After we teach someone the hand basics (ie. what beats what), we have them identify what the top possible hand is on each play. I find newcomers get too fixated on what they have and don't realize what could possibly out there that could beat them.

PokerOwned Master
    also if a guy doesnt move all in and plays very tight when he does push give him credit for a big hand

Most of what I know about poker including several variations of the game I taught myself by playing online, and reading as much as I can on poker strategy. Have fun and good luck.

Best bet would be to play ABC poker until you have learned enough to let loose a little. Fold ALOT and when u do play a hand play it hard, no limpers..

bmeelneg +1 on that
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Play poker ALOT i mean you need to eat breath and shit poker
    poker terminology-
    Drawing Dead: If you call and hit your one outer.... I will kill you..!

Dont play like 90% of the people on here....most of them wouldnt hack it on the real felt if they played the same way they do in our tournaments.

PokerOwned Veteran
    My tip for a beginner would be:

If you are just starting out, play ABC poker. Fold any hand that isn't arent royalties or pairs. e.g. K,Q J,A 10,10.
    Learn the odds of your hand winning, if you are holding J,J and A,A comes out on the flop - don't be wreckless, but you will learn to 'feel' whether or not another player is bluffing.
    Never cold bluff (until you know what you are doing), 90% you will be called out. Cold bluff = when you have absolutely nothing in hand to match with on the table.
    Don't feel compelled to play a hand just because you are the BB or SB, but mix up your folds with calls.
    If you know another player has a good history in the game, play exactly as you would against a donkey.
    Watch what hands other people play at the showdown, and remember what they were and who played them - pairing this with the size of their bets will let you know what hand they are playing.
    Beginners usually play safe bets in steady increments, mix your bets up a bit so you are harder to predict,

I'm still relatively new also, so take that as it is, however following those guidelines a have won around 7 out of 12 tournaments with each having around 300 - 400 players.

Good luck at the tables!

PokerOwned Veteran
    id say the best and really only advise is to PLAY TIGHT. and bet when you have a good hand DONT try to get tricky by SLOW PLAYING either coz the more experienced players will usally end up benifiting from it

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Play your game, you will find out real soon, around HERE, You will learn, what you need to work on.

PokerOwned God
    The best way to learn is to play. Start with the free rolls and then move on to the small stakes. Be patient with yourself, it takes time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast