Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64290.75

Experienced Member

Analysis of the situation: AK against a pocket pair.

Playing heads-up. You are in the BB with AKs.
    Opponent makes a standard raise, you do 3-bet in you fly 4-bet.
    At this stage in the manner of playing an opponent you're already 99% sure that there is a pocket pair.
    He alleged 1010 JJ or QQ. You have the typical coin-flip, but in the long run, you'll still lose more often.
    Stacks of you as an equal.

What do you usually do in this situation? Push? Call and see the flop? If so, will there still a street call if not catch the A or K?
    What do most plus a solution?

Elite PokerOwned Member CoolJakeB's Avatar
    If you 3-bet with AK and the opponent 4-bets, you have to shove your remaining stack, imo. You can't just cold call and hope to hit the flop. Odds are that an A or K doesn't hit the flop, and you are in really big trouble then. I would take my chances with AK pre-flop, it is the third best hand in poker (in terms of hand rankings).

PokerOwned Pro
    Call the flop

Elite PokerOwned Member
    this pair is sometimes better than aces elparador

Private
    I agree that you should shove:
    if you are sitting with 100bbs and for example your opponent 4bets you and you just call than you already have around 30% of your stack in the pot, and if you miss what do you do on a c-bet? For calling a 4bet with AK hu you need to have amazing pot flop play IMO. And if you hit fd, or any pair+ you will probably get the money in anyways. BTW poker is a game of skill, but without luck you can't play.

PokerOwned Pro
    Youll lose a lot with AK, even againist 22. Your never favoured pre.

if it's going to kill my stack I fold,,,live to fight another day,,,,,short stacked ,shove,,,just my thoughts
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

PokerOwned Pro
    i would definitely fold AK is a good starting hand but it tends to lose alot especially to pocket pairs

PokerOwned Master
    This happens with me in a sit go yesterday in final table...I went all in cus i was short stack...The flop had a 4 and my opponent set it..