Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63355.4

Experienced Member

Am I playing too tight in 6Max?

I've been playing 6 max 2cent 5 cent no limit for 3 months now and I find myself folding about 85-90% of hands pre flop. I think I went two orbits this morning with out raising or calling a hand.

When I do catch a hand I do get paid off because I don't think the players at the table are too observant of my tight image.

So is being super tight smart or fishy?

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Are you winning? If you are then just keep doing what your doing.

Experienced Member
    I deposited 20 I ran it up to 34 then went on a down swing to 22 where I hovered for 2 weeks now I'm up to 27.5 in 60 days.

I was also playing a lot of hands trying to qualify for my deposit bonus, which I hope gets payed to me. It is bovadas 100% bonus. If you get a certain number of points in 60 days they toss you a bonus. So I accumulated 50 points so I should qualify for a 10 dollar bonus.

I also played 15 sit and gos but my cashing performance is marginal. I think I place in the money 30% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by imnophd View Post
    I deposited 20 I ran it up to 34 then went on a down swing to 22 where I hovered for 2 weeks now I'm up to 27.5 in 60 days.

I was also playing a lot of hands trying to qualify for my deposit bonus, which I hope gets payed to me. It is bovadas 100% bonus. If you get a certain number of points in 60 days they toss you a bonus. So I accumulated 50 points so I should qualify for a 10 dollar bonus.

I also played 15 sit and gos but my cashing performance is marginal. I think I place in the money 30% of the time.
    Is this on Bovada or BCP? If it's on one of the major sites we can play in the usa, then you can just ptr it. HMU in chat if you need help

Experienced Member
    what's your PFR? if you have 15/12 then it's not too bad... if you have 15/5 then it's bad

Experienced Member
    I am on bovada and i can't really track my stats too accurately.

The 15/12 stat you mentioned. Is that the vpip/pfr? I'm still learning so bear with me.

Like I said I don't have concrete stats but I would think I'm closer to 15/12 than 15/5. So would the second stat just mean I'm not opening the pot often enough with a raise?

Experienced Member
    yes... usually first number is vpip, 2nd pfr (pre flop raise)

PokerOwned Pro
    Sometimes being tight can be helpful, especially at the lower limits where you will often get paid off for the better hands. Most people there dont' pay attention to how you are playing, only what they have, and what they are chasing.