Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70746.29

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran

The SWC Every Hour Freeroll

Hey guys, I've cashed in that freeroll once and final tabled a few times but more often than not I bust out very fast in those. I'm a solid tournament player but that super hyper turbo blind structure confuses me. Anybody know what the mathematically correct way to play that type of tournament is?

I'm not sure what the "mathematically correct" way is to play these, but I treat them like any other tournament with regards to short stack play. In those freerolls everyone gets short stacked very quickly in terms of the number of big blinds each player has. Therefore I use my standard short stack criteria and I've placed in quite a few of those. I have 240 chips all from freerolls, I haven't taken the time to play anything with a buyin yet there.

PokerOwned God
    each game is different depending on the all inners - love those fast games

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by rghy2 View Post
    I'm not sure what the "mathematically correct" way is to play these, but I treat them like any other tournament with regards to short stack play. In those freerolls everyone gets short stacked very quickly in terms of the number of big blinds each player has. Therefore I use my standard short stack criteria and I've placed in quite a few of those. I have 240 chips all from freerolls, I haven't taken the time to play anything with a buyin yet there.
    I had a guy call me with an 8 hi flush draw on the turn in one of the every hour buyins (100 guaranteed) for 10 chips. Of course he hit it on the river but I was over 80% to win the pot...I'm not disappointed about it.....Just goes to show how soft those games are.....The blinds aren't so ridiculous in the buyin tourneys. I've been applying my usual late game strategies to these as well but these players generally do not understand ICM at all. Getting called with 9 2 off and getting sucked out on during the bubble over and over is really getting on my nerves. lol

Experienced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkeyfish07 View Post
    Hey guys, I've cashed in that freeroll once and final tabled a few times but more often than not I bust out very fast in those. I'm a solid tournament player but that super hyper turbo blind structure confuses me. Anybody know what the mathematically correct way to play that type of tournament is?
    yea those aleways confuse me each game has its on way of life u can only do yur best

PokerOwned Veteran
    I cannot seem to finish in the top 3. I have gotten remarkably close, top 4 or 5 about two or three times. Top 20 a dozen or so. Damn the other players. They just seem to be playing luckier, because no one can defeat me. Not Bob Saget or Barack Obama. I can beat him or Jesus Christ. I beat pocket aces with 5-2 suited. You think you are better than me, I ask him and than I all in when has the better pocket cards, but guess who wins the pot? Me. That is who.

PokerOwned Veteran
    lol ox.....I cashed in another one today...I've got like 3 cashes out of 20 tournies so far...I'd really like to get a higher ratio but I don't see it happening

Banned
    I've taken second once and final tabled a great deal. I play super tight super aggressive. I pretty much wait for premium hands and go all in.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by vvmcnamara View Post
    I've taken second once and final tabled a great deal. I play super tight super aggressive. I pretty much wait for premium hands and go all in.
    I've tried that a couple games but I just get blinded out....maybe I should try it a few more times

Elite PokerOwned Member marlais's Avatar
    I cashed the first two times I played and was like "this game is ez". Not sure I've cashed since.
    Got a fast GPU? Crunch Bitcoin calculations for PayPal $$$. See my profile for link!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast