Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64444.72

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran hypknautiqah's Avatar

can 1 limp in with 102o if you have 100x the bb?

so a player who didnt lose much in the 3rd hand in this carbon tourny at my table thinks this is a bad play because 102 hit 2pair. i just dont see how a successful limp at 1/100 of your stack is a bad move!
    2k chip stack 20 to see flop what do you guys think?

Sorry guys. I'm not the 1 that made this play but was just defending the guy being criticized very harshly buy the guy who lost about 300 chips. obviously I wouldn't condone 102 limp in a higher cash game or any high stakes tourney. Sorry I should of clarified that this was PO and is essentially low cost free roll and well on a buy in of .50cent would only defend criticism at this level of play.

so with that in mind how bad is it really to post a blind of half a penny at 100x bb with a .50 cent buy in.
    Last edited by hypknautiqah; 09-20-2013 at 02:50 PM.
    She touched her boob, than touched me, from the transative properties of algebra, I GOT BOOB!! -Steve Smith

In the short term it should not be seen as too bad of a move, but in the long term you are opening up a leak you might not be able to fix, you are voluntarily putting chips into a pot that you dont need to.

PokerOwned Master
    no. not in the long term, you will hit 2 pair like 2% of the time and of that 2% you're gunna be beat a lot of the time by a bigger 2 pair/set too often for it to be profitable. that's excluding the times when any good player attacks your limp.

PokerOwned Pro
    Being overly results-oriented is common for a lot of players. You'll hear, "Well, it worked, didn't it?" an awful lot after "bad" plays.

But really, it's poker and you can do whatever you want with your chips. I would say, however, that limping early in a tournament with T2 is definitely going to cost more players $$ in the long term. The main problem is when the player flops well but is still behind, and simply cannot get away from his hand. I've lost more $$ with two pair than any other hand. And once they hit once, and win a few chips, many start to chase too far with the same results in mind. Like they'll hit a ten and call another bet on the flop hoping to catch another ten or maybe a 2, and when they do they sometimes win, so they think it's smart.

You said yourself that not many chips changed hands, so in effect your are potentially risking your stack to win the occasional small pot. Remember, to make big chips, you need your opponent to also fall in love with his hand. If the situation came up where you are asked to put all of your chips in the pot and you are holding T's and 2's, you have simply created more opportunity to make a mistake, IMO.

RNG
    Seasoned Veteran
    Its obviously a bad move. How many times will you hit 2 pair? Playing one of the worst starting hands will lead to bad results. If you want to mix up your game and decide to play some funky hands in order to bluff, its fine. But to just call and hope to hit a miracle is bad poker.

PokerOwned Veteran
    its a bad play because of reverse implied odds. When stacks are deep you want to avoid playing hands that are easily and often dominated when u get action. What happens if the flop comes T37 or something like that. Do you fold to a flop and turn bet? do you stack off with top pair no kicker? what if the turn is a J or higher? if villain has literally any T youre super crushed. just because you CAN possibly hit a good hand, doesnt mean its worth playing just because its 1% of your stack, and even if you flop 2 pair on something like T27, if the turn or river pairs the 7 then any T has you crushed as your pair of 2's are now counterfeited.

sure you cn its a great play....snort an oxy than do it again its great!!!!

Elite PokerOwned Member pokerponed's Avatar
    People play many different hands for many reasons... some of those reasons we will never know lol. Good luck .

the problem with this kind of move is that you end up getting into trouble with those kind of hands. easy to hit top pair and then get outkicked but still be committed

PokerOwned God
    i go in sometimes with favorite hands sounds crazy but 7/4 for me you see it alot on merge so i may take a chance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast