Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66117.57

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Experienced Member
    You do not understand correctly the Russians do not just poor people but they just have nothing to do at home so they play poker for many Russian citizens will not work here they are playing poker and make a living.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyd1953 View Post
    before i thought it was russian roullettte mentality, that may be part. if they play in a freeroll they r getting 2 to 1 on the money because 2 rubels per dollar or thereabouts, the same goes for all poor countries. they r making more than a usa citizen. if they pay an entry fee they gain nothing. no wonder its 80% non usa. maybe im wrong, if so correct me.
    there so many players from southern Europe generally because there are all poor countries like you said...one of the reason is a difficulty to deposit in first place...i'm from Serbia and to deposit at some online poker room,moneybookers or something like that is almost impossible from here...so there you go...

PokerOwned God
    Not only Russians, but also a lot people from eastern Europe I guess

Corporal
    Russians are very nice gamblers. I had a bad beet with russian poker player. I had two cards on the flop the same is in my hand for example 2 and 9 . The third card was 6 . I entered ALL IN and the russian so all in , but he has 333 set on the river and I lost my chips.

Master Sergeant
    That's a good question, I haven't asked that to myself, but anyway I think the number of russian players and USA players was really close, at least before the problem with the rooms.

Knight
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySilent View Post
    I'm lost on the part where if they pay an entry fee they gain nothing... If they win they definitely gain something, or do you mean something else? This is definitely a strange way of looking at all the Russians who play online poker though. Kinda like saying Eastgate won more money than an American would have had an American won instead of Eastgate the year he took down the Main Event.
    they gain nothing on the dollar. if they pay to enter the money exchange has already happened, if they go in a freeroll the exchange is on their winnigs they double the money

PokerOwned Veteran
    I've noticed this too. There are a few Russian pros making a name for themselves. So that might be causing a 'Moneymaker effect' for them just as it did in the states.

Corporal
    look at them as atm's just be warned that they will sting you sometimes with the 7 2 off

no matter where they are from I will take all different types of currency.

Master Sergeant
    Fact russians are not good at poker

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast