Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66382.81

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran
    Multi-tables can indeed be great if you know how to multi-task them well, just look at how durrr plays.

Quote Originally Posted by psyk0ttik View Post
    Multi-tables can indeed be great if you know how to multi-task them well, just look at how durrr plays.
    You can't look at Tom Dwan or any of the highstakes pros in the sense of multi-tabling. They all play against each other and know how the others will play. They are also using HUD's, which for some reason many low stakes players lack the use of. If you do look at a player such as Dwan you may have also realized when he had the big games running on FTP against Islader1 he often times would limit himself to only playing against the mystery fish. The pro's aren't dumb with their money, they multi-table only when it is cost effective. It's a skill many low stakes players lack. Table selection is also a huge aspect of the game than many low-limit players lack, that's an issue for a different post though. Maybe I'll get around doing that sometime this week in between my 70 hours at work!

Master Sergeant
    thanks for all the tips...ill be sure to keep this in mind

PokerOwned Pro
    i notice i start to tilt when i do multi tables. it just depends on how good you are. some people have no problem juggling tables back and forth. i get frustrated from the noise and windows popping up

PokerOwned Master
    I hear we win like 2 BB per hour. So if I am at 1 table, I should make a profit of a dime. If I double my tables, I can profit 20 cents an hour. I believe, that is the rule of thumb.

Next is how many tables do I play, before I am playing too many tables and hurting my earn rate, and turn it instead into a burn rate.

Quote Originally Posted by eberetta1 View Post
    I hear we win like 2 BB per hour. So if I am at 1 table, I should make a profit of a dime. If I double my tables, I can profit 20 cents an hour. I believe, that is the rule of thumb.

Next is how many tables do I play, before I am playing too many tables and hurting my earn rate, and turn it instead into a burn rate.
    It is not a linear increase in profit with the more tables you play. Well, I suppose it could be linear. That is if it's a downward sloping profit rate. You may win more playing more tables, but if it were possible to play only 1 table for the same amount of length as it took you to log the similar amount of hands on multiple tables you'd have a higher win rate per 100 hands. Multitabling is so effective because it allows you to play more in a short amount of time. If time was limited then 1 table would be the way to go for everyone, but time is not infinite.

Elite PokerOwned Member RWPFhero's Avatar
    Good Practice would be with Step 1 and/or 2 tickets up to 4 tables. If I was playing a cash game/ tourney, I would recommend starting with 2 tables.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiseWinPotFold View Post
    Good Practice would be with Step 1 and/or 2 tickets up to 4 tables. If I was playing a cash game/ tourney, I would recommend starting with 2 tables.
    Step 1 and 2 tournaments have very weak fields. Multi-tabling with games like this won't get you to become a better poker player

For sure it affects your play ! ! !

PokerOwned Master
    I multi table up to 4 max. I try and keep to a similar game so as not to have to change thought process, although during session 4 days ago I final tabled the 7stud hilo and the deepstack nlhe, both MTTs (entrants 152 in stud &300+nl). Usually it's just bounty sngs.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast