BTC Rate: $64684.76

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned God
    shove when you have an ace if the blinds are eating you

PokerOwned Demi-God
    i tend to shove at 10 bb and also try to pick a hand
    that has potential before my bb comes

Banned
    you need to shove when you stack is low enough to need to, but big enough to make someone make a tough decision. I will shove with ATC if I am say late position with 12 bb and I am opening the pot. I can care less if my 83 hits or not really, i am shoving cause my stack is still barely big enough to where they need to fold unless they have a great starting hand.

Quote Originally Posted by MIGO14 View Post
    Yeah, itīs around 10 to 13 BB afaik. For sure hand must be stronger by shoving from EP
    Not necessarily. It all depends on the stack sizes of the rest of the players, what the blinds are, when they go up again, and how close to the bubble you are. These are all things that can affect shove/fold/call decisions. In the right situation, you can shove pretty much ATC from any position (provided you're first into the pot), and players will think twice about calling off most/all of their stacks without a premium holding.

Of course, most of this gets thrown out the window in a freeroll, as many players don't think about anything beyond the two cards they're dealt, and have usually decided whether they plan on playing a hand as soon as they see their cards regardless of the action ahead of them.

20:52 <onehotdame> sug ...your the most helpful of Mods
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

when u have 10-J-Q-K-A of the same suit on the river after opponent has checked to you after betting to you until then

I'm kinda surprised it has only been mentioned twice in this thread, but fold equity is a term everyone should become familiar with. Google the term and start reading up on it if you're not familiar with it.

I'll see if I can find some good reading material for everyone when I get home later.

20:52 <onehotdame> sug ...your the most helpful of Mods
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

PokerOwned Pro
    When lilg is all in

Elite PokerOwned Member
    For me it would be less than 10BB.

Seasoned Veteran
    well this thread about cash games.. but if u talking tour most say 10 bbs.. but u dont do it with any hand wait for a decent hand.. or if u on button and it folded around to u maybe try to take blinds with more bbs when u have some fold equity still left..

Private
    shove when you have 82 thats what i see here...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast