Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66152.88

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What would you do.... with Bullets

OK, So by no means am i a seasoned player but I found my self just outside the money on about a 1500 person freeroll with an average stack (60k) and bullets in late position. Player under the gun shoved with about 75k and someone in middle position with about 20K shoved. I put both of them on pairs and was really only scared of the large stack so I called. He hit his Jacks and I was out 3 places away. I know there are only two cards that can put me out if I don't hit but did I do the right thing outside the money? Should I just fold my friends up against the big stacks and wait it out a few more hands?

that's a tuff one. obviously you didn't do anything wrong AA your ahead. although its always kinda worry some just on the verge of bubling. I think it really comes down to if you were just trying to make a few bucks or win it. looks like u played it so u were trying to win it sir. good job bad luck ugh

Experienced Member
    if you dont go there with aa you shouldnt be playing

PokerOwned Master
    wats the sb/bb at? how many shorties are there at the table?

Normal payout structure you did the right thing imo because you want a deep run to make any real money. Better to try and build a decent stack for a run at the top cashes then a min cash. The only exception would be if you really would be happy with a min cash (say you won a $109 ticket from a fr, a min cash in the game the ticket is for would be great!) or if it was a satellite and the top x amount get the same prize. If all the prizes are equal, then you should probably fold the AA if you've got at least an average stack and a bigger stack will put you all in.

PokerOwned Pro
    If the difference between a min-cash and no cash is substantial for you, a fold is acceptable. But in most cases, and in most normal payout structures, you'd be leaving $$ on the table by folding. ICM-wise, if you are that close to the bubble and 1-2 players is willing to risk a bustout, you fold. No matter what your hand is, if you're putting your chips in pre-flop, you are risking elimination.

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHaversham View Post
    If the difference between a min-cash and no cash is substantial for you, a fold is acceptable. But in most cases, and in most normal payout structures, you'd be leaving $$ on the table by folding. ICM-wise, if you are that close to the bubble and 1-2 players is willing to risk a bustout, you fold. No matter what your hand is, if you're putting your chips in pre-flop, you are risking elimination.
    ya this, pretty much applies to guys with no BR

Elite PokerOwned Member PimpGameNM's Avatar
    The Main Event or a super high roller maybe for ICM reasons but NEVER in a FREEROLL

Elite PokerOwned Member
    i'm going 4 a win when i'm playing a freeroll not just to cash , so im willing to risk all my chips if necessary in this case its necessary

PokerOwned Veteran
    even against the worst hand you are 80 % . so in a free roll if you want to run deep you call. that being said if your only goal is to cash you fold your two best friends. typically running deep in a free roll is more profitable

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast