Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $69653.74

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Demi-God
    I think you mad a good choice myself, but who am I, lmao!!!
    JUST PLAYIN FOR FUN

PokerOwned Veteran
    You can't put him on 2 pair like that. You can't always imagine worst case scenario. I actually think it is more likely that he had a set but he could have had a flush draw and very likely he could have had an open ended straight draw. Even a made straight with Ace 3, or very likely Ace 5 giving him top pair with a gutshot.

Very good chance he had an over pair to the board but under something that he is willing to go all in preflop. Such as 6s giving him a gut shot, 7s maybe even 8s. If he had those then you just picked up 6 more outs. There are so many things he could have.

You have to weigh the possible range of hands he could have, influenced by the actions he took pre-flop and post-flop.

Then you have to look at your situation. You left out one of the most important pieces of information, your stack size.

If the call is going to cripple you or knock you out then I would probably fold. Only because I would believe that Pokerponed must believe that you are pot committed at that point and that you are calling with a good hand and he has a monster. However, I don't know his read on you. Maybe he believes that you can't handle the pressure and that you will fold to a big raise. I wish I was at the table to see it unfold.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    i would say weeeeeeeee go spurs go off the finals ship it whoop

Quote Originally Posted by deedbr View Post
    You can't put him on 2 pair like that. You can't always imagine worst case scenario. I actually think it is more likely that he had a set but he could have had a flush draw and very likely he could have had an open ended straight draw. Even a made straight with Ace 3, or very likely Ace 5 giving him top pair with a gutshot.

Very good chance he had an over pair to the board but under something that he is willing to go all in preflop. Such as 6s giving him a gut shot, 7s maybe even 8s. If he had those then you just picked up 6 more outs. There are so many things he could have.

You have to weigh the possible range of hands he could have, influenced by the actions he took pre-flop and post-flop.

Then you have to look at your situation. You left out one of the most important pieces of information, your stack size.

If the call is going to cripple you or knock you out then I would probably fold. Only because I would believe that Pokerponed must believe that you are pot committed at that point and that you are calling with a good hand and he has a monster. However, I don't know his read on you. Maybe he believes that you can't handle the pressure and that you will fold to a big raise. I wish I was at the table to see it unfold.
    I disagree with the last paragraph here. Considering how much is in the pot, if he'd to fold/be crippled afterwards, he's leaving less than 20-25 bbs behind without calling. Why make yourself desperate?

I really think he has to call if he doesn't have 35-45 bbs behind; the reason there being how mobile his chip stack is and how immobile it will be without the chips needed to call.

But if he's that short he seriously needs to just go for it and pray in my opinion.
    Last edited by jasonv12; 05-29-2013 at 03:08 PM.

so all pre flop action huh?

looks like your math is flowing though

idk what i would have done maybe not called the 225 unless i was very strong
    When I set out to get rich;
    I failed miserably.
    When I set out to help people;
    They made me rich!

Seasoned Veteran
    i would have called

Seasoned Veteran
    isnt there aconverter?....................................... .................................................. .................................................. .............................

i think in this situation it mostly depends on ur stack size and on how guy was playing, me myself i think guy had A rag (A8, A7 maybe..) hoping to hit the str8 and knowing A rag can be a good shot against a low flop like that with some luck(to me it looks he was more on suicide mode already), considering the partial informations we have here(we werent playing .... O_o), i might have called if i had a 4.5K+ stack, maybe........ O_o

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    that depends do you wont to gamble if not good fold

You know, It's like having someone tell you "you folded a pair there? I would have shoved"; No, they wouldn't, but they would love it if you did. Get it? Also, don't worry about armchair quarterbacks during the game, becasue in Texas holdem, there is rarely a right or wrong answer, depending on your read of the situation at the time. Sure, one would fold becasue of xx reason, one would call becasue of yy reason. Plus, NEVER talk strat at the table, you dont want to wise up a: chumps, who might not even realize there is a stratagy being played and b: guys trying to gain info on how you play. You sound like it wasn't worth it to you to risk those chips, so get over it and get on with the next hand!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast