Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70478.42

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Demi-God

What would you do?

Playing in a live tourney last night i had a difficult decision (for me anyway). Tournament was a 65 dollar buyin, 72 entrants. First I'll give you what i saw from opponent up to the hand. At first table, he got AA and min raised, a lag reg raised and then post flop reraised his value bet allin, so he doubled up there. Then few hands later, he limps, small stack goes allin, bb pushes allin, this guy calls, maybe third of his stack, he has A 8 and flops 8, wins pot. Then as bb, 2 allins in front of him, both below starting chips, one was decent stack compared to blinds still, the guy calls with K 8 s, flop gives both allins a set, one 7's other J's, guy in question hits runner runner flush, knocks both out.

Ok, now onto hand in question, we are down to 3 tables, just under 30 players left. Blinds are 400/800 ante 100, i have little under 30K. I'm in late pos, he is across table, 2 past bb i believe. He limps, I have QQ and raise to 5K, leaving me around 23K. BB calls , he calls. Flop is 9 9 10 (rainbow). BB checks, he bets 8.5K. Blinds will soon be 600/1200 and ante stays at 100. Top 9 are itm, btw.

Just curious what you all would do to see if what i did was stupid. I'll post what i did after i see a few responses.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    all in

Banned
    well, there is no way i will put him on a 9 of any kind, but is But you can't call, you find out nothing, you can't just raise, cause you are essentially all in. Only 2 choices there, All in or fold. Hard decision really, from what you are saying leading up to the hand, I would just shove on him, even though i would really want him to hang himself on the turn, unless a A or K shows, but there is no way i could get away after committing that many chips, i think ALL IN is the correct move, chances are you are way ahead, and he is probably drawing to either 2 outs to a set, 6 to overs or 8 to a st8 draw.

my opinion just fold

PokerOwned Demi-God
    ok, i want to get a few more responses, so i will make it a contest, tell me what hand you think he had , with short explanation to how you'd play it and why, I'll give 100 pts to first correct response and to each correct response within a min after the correct one up to 5 total. Only 1 guess, first one counts, and needs to be more than just the hand, want some explanation, which is why i say i'll also pay those that are correct within a min after first correct one up to 5 total. Billy already gave explanation so if still here he can just put in hand guess.

PokerOwned Master
    Probley AQ. He definatly didn't have the 9. Would've called , but still i wouldve been woried

That guys seems very aggressive so i would of put him on A8 or Ak or even a Small pair i would go ALL IN and make him either fold or call - I guess A 8 would be my guess then
    Last edited by StoneCold; 06-25-2012 at 06:29 PM.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I'm gonna say he had A9 or A10 thinking Ace 9 by the way you described how he played. The ace 8 call with a thirsd of his stack is what leads me to believe he likes plaing raggy ace cards and unless he is really dumb he isn't leading out into you knowing you could have an over pair. you still had plenty behind to play the short stack I don't think it is worth risking your tournament life with. The only draw he could have had is like jq and that is near impossible since you have qq just my thinking

PokerOwned God
    you flat call the raise to see the turn, it was another 10 or 9 and he went all in and you fold..lol

PokerOwned Veteran
    Why in the hell would you fold on another 9? lmao that makes no sense makes it less likely he has the 9

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast