Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64202.36

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar

What strategy is in FL?

"We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

NL is a very psychological game, FL is a very math based game. It's all about understanding odds and how to value bet in a somewhat different sense than NL.

PokerOwned Master
    fl is all about patience tough game but just buy your time works for me

PokerOwned God
    If you get frustrated easily, maybe fl isn't for u. But keep in mind, if it's in micro stakes, there are players that play every hand and raise every hand too.

Also, FL cash game is very different from a tourney. I think even more than in NL, you see very different play in early rounds than in later rounds.

Experienced Member
    Fixed limit is all about understanding math and starting hands. The best weapon you have in fixed limit is time. The longer you can see what range people are playing and when they bet, the easier it is in later rounds to punish them according to playstyle. The real key to limit holdem is really examining what hands your playing and by far what POSITION your playing out of. A position with last-to-bet status is so important cause then you can charge people for their draws and even get them to fold a lot of checked pots...

Good luck with the FL HOLDEM!
    Patrick

I Gots You Dominated MovingFlea's Avatar
    Bluff. Bluff alot. Think about it, THEY (the donks) will think, well there;s no way somebody will be stupid enough to bluff in a limit game, because the bets are simply too small not be called. Using that thought process they will fold. The trick is to only bluff with hands with no showdown potential, so raise, raise, raise and raise! I've seen people fold middle pair and I had 7 high, to my river bet.

The problem with bluffing in no limit is that THEY (the donks) think, well he's just trying to scare me by going all in, he thinks I will fold because im too scared to loose my stack. thats why they call. I've had donks call my all in bluffs on the flush scare card with Ace high.

PokerOwned Pro
    I missed the luck there. At no point where you ever behind. Maybe you mean lucky to have AA when some other sorry schmucks are keyed in on KK and AQ (wtf was that guy up to? o yea: micro stakes).

That river sure felt good tho, eh?

FL IMO where you want to see a lot of flops and chase more. Bluffing is not an option in FL.

Quote Originally Posted by eqgh5uea View Post
    I dont even understand how anyone could grind at them stakes in FL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast