Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70102.83

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    PokerOwned Veteran
    It also helped that I ran like God in spurts during the tourney..I did get tough the final 3 though

PokerOwned Pro
    people keep pointing out how its the bad players that will make you money... That's only kinda true. If every time you make a hand, you have a fish chasing till the river hoping to get lucky then you can only hold them off for so long. While yes the first couple might pay you off and build your stack, the more and more your in that situation the more likely you are to get unlucky and lose to someone catching a miracle on the river. In fact if you do manage to hold em every time your up against a fish chasing it, some might say you were luckier than the guy who hits the 2 outter on the river and wins.

PokerOwned Pro
    Each hand is independent; you are misinterpreting what they are saying. In the long run, if you keep getting it in ahead, you will win, its based upon the Central Limit Theorem (basically, that as your sample size goes towards infinity, your variance goes to 0). Thats a big simplification, but it should illustrate the point.

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by tta91690 View Post
    Each hand is independent; you are misinterpreting what they are saying. In the long run, if you keep getting it in ahead, you will win, its based upon the Central Limit Theorem (basically, that as your sample size goes towards infinity, your variance goes to 0). Thats a big simplification, but it should illustrate the point.
    I understand that. I was referring to practice and not theory of what goes on and in a tourney every hand collectively effects the final outcome. I'm just saying it doesn't matter if you win 999 out of 1000 hands against the guy chasing a draw. Yeah that would mean they pay you off more than not, but all it takes is that 1 loss to knock you out of a tourney if they have more chips than you. So in a tourney setting where you'll have multiple hands where you face off against someone chasing something, it doesn't matter if more often than not your gonna win the individual hand against the guy chasing because the few that you lose will end up costing you more in the long run.

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by abenz419 View Post
    So in a tourney setting where you'll have multiple hands where you face off against someone chasing something, it doesn't matter if more often than not your gonna win the individual hand against the guy chasing because the few that you lose will end up costing you more in the long run.
    This is exactly why you need a bigger roll to play tournaments. You want to get in that situation because as you continue to play more tourneys you will win in the long run. Sounds like results oriented logic.

This is exactly why you need a bigger roll to play tournaments. You want to get in that situation because as you continue to play more tourneys you will win in the long run. Sounds like results oriented logic.
    does that mean i will eventually win? lol

PokerOwned Pro
    if it's results oriented logic then that must mean I get donked out of every tourney I play in... oh wait your right I do. That's because 95% of the time your in a hand someone is chasing something and no matter how many times they pay you off, one or more of them will suck out on you. It's unavoidable!!!!!! Like I said before, in order to fend off all the donks every hand you have to actually get luckier than the guy that hit's the 2 outter on the river.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234