Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64613.62

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Master
    very insightful...thanks for the post OP.

Good advice/pokers rules. I myself overplay AK sometimes but am never scared money.

Experienced Member
    Good Tips. AK is overplayed especially in limit formats. Definitely a no limit type hand better than limit. Nice to see you're learning and sharing your tips....should help everyone learn a little bit more too.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Ace rag (like AK) crushes me daily...Ship It with any ace rag

PokerOwned Veteran
    Better players have a greater chance of winning Deep Stacks IMO....less luck involved

Quote Originally Posted by JBrazon View Post
    Rule #3 is definitely true. Too many people overvalue AK and think it's as strong as AA. Rule #4...I love button betters, always take their chips with rags..definitelly does't work against seasoned players.

You can take down the button raiser with rags until he gets just slightly better on the flop than you do. I think button play is much more valuable in middle and late stages though. When people have 10k chips, calling a 60 chip raise doesn't mean anything. Calling a 250 preflop raise doesnt mean anything. If nit is only raising premium hands on the button, i think the blinds will be able to fold reasonably however when you constantly apply pressure you can cause one of them to spazz out and play back into with 2nd nut hands. I stacked off 2 people last weekend doing that. AA vs QQ and JJ vs AK. 2nd hand jack KJ5 rainbow was on the flop. Poor guy couldn't help himself on the turn and shoved. I thanked him very kindly before he was felted.
    This post was just meant just some insights I gained. it's not really meant to be a guide or 100% facts. Just for me to share. That's all

Nice tips and great start!

One thing I would recommend is trying to dig even deeper. Okay AK only dominates other aces, but how does that alter the way you should play them? What should you do if you miss an A or K on the flop? Is it a 3betting hand? If your opponent is loose aggressive versus tight aggressive, versus loose passive, etc. how does that change your relative hand strength? How does that change your chances against their range? Are there cards that can hit for you to make money without hitting your hand? Things like that.

PokerOwned Master
    i play AK aggressively and its my 2nd most profitable hand with a win rate of 72% out of 163 times. AQ, now that's an overplayed hand.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    wen you play deepstack you can wait for big hand

Experienced Member
    In deep stack tourneys I would say less varience not less luck. Rule 1 I definitely agree with. Rule 2 I do not, in a deep stack tourney there is no reason to risk all of you chips unless you have the nuts. Hints Negrano's strategy small ball poker (just depends on your strategy). Rule 3 on the AK I think that new players definitely overplay by calling too many bets when they did not connect. But non the less it is a strong hand when it hits because you will almost always have the best hand in a small pot. Just got to use pot control.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast