Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64599.09

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post
    I don't see anywhere that suggests this is a final table.
    It is irr where you are in the mtt tbh. You have A and Q blockers. The worst hands you are getting called with are AK and KK. I mean if someone wakes up with AA/KK/QQ, it is a cooler in today's game. Even vs KK/QQ you have nearly 30% equity. With what is in thee middle relative to your 12bb stack, you are already approaching 50% equity. Folding is horribad/ Min-raising and folding is horribad/ opening and playing a pot post-flop is equally as bad. #ShoveAllDayLong

Quote Originally Posted by sickread23 View Post
    It is irr where you are in the mtt tbh. You have A and Q blockers. The worst hands you are getting called with are AK and KK. I mean if someone wakes up with AA/KK/QQ, it is a cooler in today's game. Even vs KK/QQ you have nearly 30% equity. With what is in thee middle relative to your 12bb stack, you are already approaching 50% equity. Folding is horribad/ Min-raising and folding is horribad/ opening and playing a pot post-flop is equally as bad. #ShoveAllDayLong
    Let's say you will only be called by AA, KK, QQ, JJ, 1010, 99, AK, or another AQ, that's 4.8% of hands. Discount blockers, that's approx. 3.84% of hands. If there are 7 people behind you, one of them will have one of these hands approx. 29% of the time. So yes, as far as EV is concerned, it is a positive EV push.

However, there is still way more to factor in than that. And my point is revolving around the money structure, not EV. You can play to win all day, but that may not be the most profitable way to play this.

Seasoned Veteran
    you played that hand perfectly. well played i would say.

PokerOwned Master
    your raise preflop was small i think,maybe an 3 big blind preflop u win the hand.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Idk i guess this is just my opinion however i feel i need a little more information than simply the scenario you typed out above, mainly has this been a loose agressive table or have your table mates been playing more on the tight/nitty side? If it is a loose agressive table then definitely open shoving for your whole stack pre is the way to go because when you raised to 800 if it is a looser table then you are going to get alot of hands like 9 7 to call you pre which is exactly what happened to you. However now if it has been playing as a tighter/nitty table then opening preflop to like 1105 or 1125 is totally fine here and that way if someone shoves over the top of you (meaning they wake up with a big hand if the table has been playing tight) you can fold and still be left with 10 or 11 big blinds. However in my opinion the worst choice you could have made as to how to play this hand preflop is what you infact did which was minraise in early position with 14 big blinds. Opening up with simply a minraise in early position entices many people to call in mid to late position with suited connectors and suited one gappers and makes the hand become alot more confusing than you need it to me with most flops. I hope what i said makes some sense and it helps you in some way, like i said this is only my opinion which i have learned from experience playing over time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123