Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64346.7

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Weirdest HU Plays Ever --Advice?

I've been playing hyper turbo sngs and normally a standard, correct play people make is min raising their button every hand they open/play.

Well I ran into this dude who would limp his button with every hand he played (and he folded in between too). Including like super strong hands like 99, AK, etc. and raggy crap you'd think he should have folded like 84o, 93o, etc.

Every time I raised him to try to seize control of the betting since I'm out of position and that's tough enough, he'd 3bet me to leverage me for my entire stack if I 4bet. And put too much out to allow me to just peel a flop... like every time with every hand. And when I have shoved, he ALWAYS has a hand (at least 30 times), it's like wtf, how? And it's almost like he times it such that he knows when I will raise long before I do.

Sharkscope calls him a big winner, I don't understand his play, nor how to counter it. It's just bizarre. So clearly he is doing something right.

Should I let him just see flops cheap? I hate that. It's no fun and damn near impossible to play against a limitless range postflop without position or the betting lead.

I tried mixing up my raise size when I raised over his limp to see how'd he react, but he seemed to be one step ahead of me.

If I could, I'd just avoid this guy altogether because he is leveling me extremely well or some shit, but like he keeps sitting down at my games and I can't like block him or anything.

Uhh advice?
    Last edited by jasonv12; 10-08-2013 at 09:50 AM.

I had a gane like that whorebot and i were playing hu and he was doing the same thing. His strategy was to mess with my head and not play vwith any logic. He messed with my head even more when he payed me for losing lol

Elite PokerOwned Member
    being i used to play heads up games on ftp on razz i had close to 15k profit and believe me your going to get into reg wars.. only thing you can do is keep your composure , play against weaker competition than go back and play versus this player again.. pickup timing tells, bet sizing patterns, and see how he reacts to different streets postplay... check-raising,continuation bets, 3 betting etc.. yes some players can get the best of you, but you have to adapt..

I can only say this in terms of my experience (I play a lot of omaha heads up) - if you think your flop play is superior, just being consistent preflop is key. I play a lot of "textbook" players all of the time who raise / cbet on the flop - I might call them with 9 2 because when they check on the flop they are out of moves to make.

PokerOwned Veteran
    just catch him.. sounds like maybe u need to work on post flop play... if ur having a hard time being out of position post flop ..
    its not as u say "damn near impossible to play against a limitless range postflop without position or the betting lead."

Just stay on your game and you will take that crap out. good luck my friend.

I'm just playing micro hu sng with some decent success. I have a different style than you, but I find I do better when I go with the other person's flow the first few hands and pick my spots. If I start out really aggressive just to be aggressive, it backfires and the other player tends to play back fairly aggressively. If I play somewhat passive and then slowly turn up the aggression I get more respect with my raises.

For this specific guy I would just check when you are out of position. You are out of position so you will tend to lose money from this spot anyways, and it's not worth putting in extra money unless you have a hand you are value betting with. Then, if you connect with the board at all, bet it. Keep playing the button strongly and make that the spot you make most of your chips from. I think the flop only connects with any 2 cards about 1/3 of the time, so you still have a good chance of taking the pot down by waiting til the flop, or even the turn or river to bet. If I'm oop though, I like to have something I can fall back on if I bet and get called. It can be anything from a pair, overcards, gutshot, basically anything that gives my hand an edge.

generally the HUSNG strategy isnt to open min every hand, its open min with anything Q3+ and fold others... Its also not incorrect fto smooth call depending on your opponent's stats, and im sure he had an HUD open on you

Quote Originally Posted by walterb1991 View Post
    generally the HUSNG strategy isnt to open min every hand, its open min with anything Q3+ and fold others... Its also not incorrect fto smooth call depending on your opponent's stats, and im sure he had an HUD open on you
    I said min raise every hand I opened, not min raise every hand.

I Gots You Dominated MovingFlea's Avatar
    Just check it. Is that so hard? No need to aggro and shit out of position.

Look in all seriousness, the math doesn't pick favorites. He wont have a hand every time. Just figure out his range and get the money in when you think you have a better hand. Just keep doing what your doing and remember that he wont always have a hand. It sounds like your on tilt, you need work on that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast