Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64104.26

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What I learned as noob in the Big Deep Stack tourney

Alright, I'm new to poker owned and just getting back into poker since black friday.
    I play on carbon poker and won a freeroll into the Big Dance.
    First time I played that type of tourney and here's a few things I learned.
    #1 Scared money is just dead money. If you are nervous in a hand that is going to affect your ability to make the right decisions.
    #2 It's impossible to win a big pot without putting your chips in the middle. While you shouldn't just go crazy with mediocre hands, you can't always fold to a 3 or 4 bet. There's really only 3 ways to win a huge pot in hold'em against competent players. A) The hold'em nightmare AA vs KK or KK vs QQ. B) Over pair vs flopped set C) Over pair vs monster draw. That's where's the money is at. Yeah can exploit weaker players by ramming your AK into the KQ. You'll find fish you can stack off with them calling with JJ after the flop with your Q on board etc. The real huge pots are those 3.
    #3AK is only dominant over other aces preflop. It is hand that can hit and hit hard but don't go crazy with it.
    #4 The button is your friend. You should be willing to call/raise with almost anything remotely playable. Depending on your opponents, you don't even need anything good. Often times raising the Cbet will take down the pot unless they have a monster. The 3 or 4 players to your left need to be abused.
    #5 Patience. Even if you are getting a little shortstacked in the middle stages, pick your spots to steal but relax and don't go crazy. You still have plenty of time.

Take a shot with the big boys every once in a while. There are only 4 aces in the deck. not all 3 players in the pot can have rockets lol. No monsters are under your bed. If someone is always raising on your blind, every 3 or 4 times 3 or 4 bet'em. Doesn't matter what you have. Eventually they will learn, you're not the sucker. Smack'em a few times. They will search for a different one.
    Anyways, this is just my thoughts on playing in deep stacked tourneys.
    See ya this sunday in the big time.

PokerOwned Demi-God tracyrickrobby's Avatar
    good advice!! rule #3 is defintiley a good one! AK is way overplayed!!

well I think AK gives you chances against any pair QQ and lower. You still have chances to hit. You also are dominating any A or K, but it's really strong preflop as it doesn't have much play after the flop. Personally, I love Big Slick especially when he breaks their heart on the river with the K. Deep in tourneys it's a monster Especially against the short stack. They are going to play back with any ace or any K9 Kt KJ or KQ. It's heart breaking for them to see

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Rule #3 is definitely true. Too many people overvalue AK and think it's as strong as AA. Rule #4...I love button betters, always take their chips with rags..definitelly does't work against seasoned players.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I agree with #3 its pretty much 50-50 preflop even if your against like 3,4 or something but it still is dominating something like kx or ax

Elite PokerOwned Member IWASLION's Avatar
    Im not sure what game your talking about, but I'm assuming the $215 big ticket. I have played in that a couple times, definitely alot of light 3bets. I like your advice, sounds pretty acurate and sound. GL.

sounds like great deepstacked advice. position / blind play has ALOT to do with my deepstacked game
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

PokerOwned Demi-God
    yea ace king is always over played! I fall into that trap myself sometimes!

PokerOwned Pro
    Well written thrread my friend!

Don't be scared, call that three bet late position with a "mediocre" hand provided you have enough chips. Suited connectors can be big profit on a flop.

#3..I see so many people get trapped with AK by throwing out a reraise pre, and following up with fatty C-bet on a rag flop.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Deepstack is more skill based than non deep stacked play IMO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast