Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61662.61

PokerOwned Veteran

Thumbs up Min. Cashing with chip lead late :(

ok lately ive been playing some pretty good size tournaments on bovada. Anything from a 1k to a 15k.. buy ins range from a few bucks to 35 dollars.. my play has been solid and ive found my self with chip lead with maybe 18-24 people left and i still find a way to min cash and NOT MAKE THE FINAL TABLE.. can somebody please give me tips on playing with a pretty large chip lead? I know it sounds crazy but its a legit question.. u can PM me with tips too.. im always on.. thanks u guys..

tex
    PokerOwned Master
    I have this same problem although I don't min cash it's more like 4th or 5th .If you want to,you can sacrifice your chance to win the tourney, you can fold unless you have big three AA,QQ,KK,let the rest of the field catch up, until you reach the final table.At final table your mentality should be "if lowest chip stack I'll get hyper aggresive, if not fold", you probably won't win but you'll place a lot higher.
    Last edited by tex; 05-10-2014 at 02:44 PM.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Thanks tex... ill def. try that at least once and see how it comes out

Seasoned Veteran
    I watch the Gripsed videos on Youtube, those videos have brought my tourney game to the next level. I can confidently say my ITM% increased 10 fold. I was playing AQ and PP incorrectly. MTTs are a different breed of game in comparison to SnGs. SnGs there arent as many levels to develop solid reads and dynamics with other players. If I knew how huge dynamics plays into any discipline of poker a few years ago, my roll would be so much greater...

I whine like a 5 year old girl
    Quote Originally Posted by raj27 View Post
    ok lately ive been playing some pretty good size tournaments on bovada. Anything from a 1k to a 15k.. buy ins range from a few bucks to 35 dollars.. my play has been solid and ive found my self with chip lead with maybe 18-24 people left and i still find a way to min cash and NOT MAKE THE FINAL TABLE.. can somebody please give me tips on playing with a pretty large chip lead? I know it sounds crazy but its a legit question.. u can PM me with tips too.. im always on.. thanks u guys..
    lmk when u deep oneday and pop upa a joinme
    <TONelson> F'real I am glad you are still a MOD here man. You give a shit. That matters

Be sure to not play too tight cause you have the chiplead. Just try raising in position, resteal, like reraising when people raise in late position. Most people won't play for their whole stack late tourny and fold easier with big hands. Just a quick tip.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I agree with you have to fold very playable hands, I only play great hands in position...even qq and below out of position might be folded depending on the blinds.

I disagree to fold QQ in early position. On the moment that the blinds are bigger, people will be raising more since there is more to win and probably enough ante in the pot already. Also the lowstacks will shove quicker with decent hands like A10 or lower, maybe KQ, KJ, K10. Sometimes J10 suited and lower pocket pairs for example. It can be good to limp in a hand like QQ with a big stack. Theres much likely someone raising or either going all-in. If nobody raises and the flop is scary, with more limpers in the hand and the small and big blind, then u can easily fold to a raise, depends on the flop also of course. Anyway "NEVER FOLD" the QQ in my opinion.