Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70626.36

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Experienced Member

Is this the worst fold ever?

Low stakes tournament 378 pay 650 left of 3000ish. Have 3300 behind after posting bb blinds 150-300 with 30 ante. Button SB and me in hand. I have Q8 flop Q-9-2 rainbow. SB bets 560. I instafold. Is this worst play ever? How bad is this play? Am I stupid? Plz respond.

gf
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

PokerOwned Veteran
    Of course it's not the "worst fold ever," they could have had a higher pocket pair, two pair or a three of a kind.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGAUS View Post
    Of course it's not the "worst fold ever," they could have had a higher pocket pair, two pair or a three of a kind.
    Uhhh.. I think the real threat is a bigger queen.

I'd have folded there too. I like the fold.

PokerOwned Veteran
    what was your position in the tourney? your stack is so small I think I would have raised all in, but folding is ok with the intention of trying to steal some blinds with initiative. It's possible you were beat, but I think 3 handed with no preflop raises and short stacked i would have just shoved and hoped to double up.

PokerOwned Veteran
    you also need to know what type of player the SB is and his stack size relative to the other players. If he's bigger stack he is probably more likely to be bullying you off marginal hands. He could have had hands like K9 or JT in his range too, so the more you know about that player, the better a decision you can make. if the blinds to your left are tight then folding there and trying to steal the blinds with position is probably the safest play.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I dunno man, i think i would have shoved also. I would have felt safer with only 1 other person but with such a short stack, a definite shov is in order, but then, im a risky guy

PokerOwned Master
    depending on the players and their stats then I'm either folding or shoving. 11 BBs with top pair is a really tight fold but you didn't give any information about the players. regardless, 95% of the time I'm getting it in there.

Elite PokerOwned Member Bastian2607's Avatar
    I dont understand your Question...why is it worst to fold toppair with bad Kicker????
    Good and easy fold

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast