Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66798.83

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger1666 View Post
    Thanks for the advice - yeah i didn't see alot out there that i could get some value from so i checked to the river in hopes the board would pair or an ace would come. I raised 5x the BB from early position.. no other callers. This guy is generally loose agressive and thought the check on the turn would show weakness and induce a bluff.
    You say you want to induce a bluff, but if your opponent didn't bluff the flop, if they understand the game, how can they bluff the turn without *some* equity aka a semibluff that you would want out anyways? What would they be representing? A jack would almost never bet for value there. They wouldn't check the case king on the flop. J6, J4 wouldn't be in in the first place. They *should* never bluff the turn without some sort of flush or straight draw on a board like this unless they bet at the flop as well. It's a mistake. It would just have to be a mistake. It accomplishes nothing but saying, "hey reraise me, I got air and might be drawing." Maybe if they are a really big fish, I could see this, but even then, their cards could be anything aka the 53 and then you still have to worry about that too. Plus by hooking them on this way, you are also making your knowledge of the possible hands they could have equal to about nothing.

Sometimes, you just got to accept your hand is too powerful to get action from worse because you have all but one of cards to get you action locked up (the last king) and you can know based on their flop action, that they don't have it.

The only action you'll end up getting is based on some miracle runner runner checking two streets let get there.

Just bet and try to hope they hit the J, otherwise take the pot there and move on would be my advice.
    Last edited by jasonv12; 07-09-2013 at 01:08 PM.

PokerOwned Veteran
    in the scenario you laid out in your original post you allowed him to catch up and suck out on you by checking the flop and the turn. I understand that you flopped the nuts and would like to get action and what not but checking two streets hoping someone else would bet so you could check raise is not a good idea because you allow opponents to catch up by seeing free cards. Even if this is something that you dont feel right about doing i suggest that you bet the flop and the turn there......now i am not suggesting throwing out a huge bet which would chase your opponents off or whatever but simply checking and giving your opponents free cards and free chances to catch up to you and crack your set is not a good play. Hope that explanation helps.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Slowplay and shove if a flush draw presents itself on the turn

Have to agree, make them pay to see the next street...never let them see a free card unless you have a monster

PokerOwned Veteran
    first of all, the bord was not dry, there was a straight draw, and the opponent had it, and you gave him a free card, so the checking in the flop is wrong. Hope you learn to never slowplay trips again, it can cost you all your chips

PokerOwned Veteran
    as much as it might not make sense to you to do this, you need to go ahead and bet something on the flop and the turn because you need to do your best to build the pot up. When you just check both streets you are allowing your opponents to see free cards and giving them a chance to catch up on your top set.

PokerOwned God
    It sounds like a hand that was just going to happen. He wasn't folding on the flop or turn. That mothafuckin' fish was chasing all the way to the bait.

#NiggasInParis

PokerOwned Veteran
    I mean that's just fish playing,first off if you pfr'd it then he had no business being in the hand,and there was no getting away from him once he was open ended he would insta called a shove prob

PokerOwned Veteran
    Like most people said on here, you slow-played your set way too dramatically......you need to build the pot up, even if its a 1 or 2 BB bet

PokerOwned Master
    was open and u give him a free card.some players chase even 4 outs on river and hit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast