Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70101.41

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar

Post The top 10% of starting hands

5%: 9-9 ,10-10, J-J ,Q-Q K-K, A-A, A-Js A-Qs A-Ks A-K A-Q

10%: 7-7+, A-9s+, A-J+, K-10s+, K-Q, Q-10s+

NOW YOU KNOW, HOPE THIS HELPS ALL OF YOU NITS OUT THERE ; )

I didn't want to list in increments all of the top 90% of hands, but here are some basic notes:

---ALL PAIRS 3-3+ ARE TOP 30% ( 2-2 IS IN TOP 40% )
    ---ANY ACE-X SUITED IS TOP 20%
    ---SUITED CARDS WITH 5 AND ABOVE ARE IN TOP 50%

Other Notes: This should help you somewhat in reading what kind of hand ranges people are playing, but remember only large samples can be accurate.

One important betting pattern that you should always look for, online or live, is to see what hands a player is limping with, what they are raising with, and how often they are betting in contrast to checks/calls. (this is called aggression factor)

P.S: I might later on make an entire thread on what betting patterns to look for, online tells, and other knowledge on reading your opponents playing style and hand ranges, but for now, this is a good starter.

Taken from page 3 of the Responses, I thought It should be added to the thread itself

Right, And I might have to elaborate on that, It has to do with the faster hand right and how often your playing against multiple players.(Responding to how online you see more of these top % hands than live) Obviously a hand like 9-9 is on the bottom side of the 5%, and is crushed by a pair 5 ranks above it, but those 5 ranks paired have only 30 combinations, out of a total of 1255 a single opponent has, and that plays back into position being so critical paired with the gap concept, so of course 9-9 will be a heavy favorite from Late Pos, but only a moderate favorite from Early Pos, and especially after you see an opening raiser, once you apply the gap concept. So that 30/1225 combos of higher pairs has to be multiplied by the number of players acting behind you.
    Last edited by GottImHimmel; 11-29-2011 at 11:03 PM.
    "Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me." - Napoléon Bonaparte

A true nit is only concerned with AA and KK, maybe QQ if desperate. Just ask Poofy.

PokerOwned God
    it depends on starting position , action in front. not just ur hand.

#NiggasInParis

Well somehow it's like that but it's changed by the time
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

Thank you for making this thread, and the next one sounds really interesting too.

Elite PokerOwned Member lulabell79's Avatar
    Is this the Poker for Dummies thread? lol, j/k nice info Himmel
    There are TWO rules for ultimate success in poker:
    1. Never tell everything you know.

PokerOwned Master
    nice info....will take all this in mind for a later date, keep posting more info as you think of it will take any advice that can make me better in the long run

PokerOwned God
    Thanks for the tip, I guess it will help some people...

I whine like a 5 year old girl
    dude you know nothing

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Lilg u know everything.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast