Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66414.03

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PokerOwned Demi-God
    Yea I like playing the dollar satty's to the 11 dollar and 33 dollar tourneys!

PokerOwned Veteran PursuitofPlay's Avatar
    Alot of people would argue that sit n go's are dying, but I find when playing ULTRA tight aggressive(talking throw away everything but a premium hand and going all in when you play one), you can come up to 1-3rd about 6 outta 10 games. Risk only 10 percent of your bankroll at a time. Of course loosen your range as the players get lower. I've made a consistent profit like this but it takes a large bankroll to pull a decent amount.

I have to disagree that sit and go's are dying, though I suppose it depends what poker room you are playing on and the amount of traffic that room gets. Obvously on pokerstars you can get a game almost instantly at any format or buyin level, though thinking about it I have noticed less traffic on Full tilt SNGs.

My opinion is to stick to the micro SNGs and build up a bankroll to a reasonable amount then look at other fomats such as cash and mtts and see what you feel comfortable with. If you are a solid player and stick to good BRM (not religiously so take some shots at higher levels as your roll increases), I suggest having 50 to 100 buyins for the level you are playing at depending on the format, so heads up hypers or super turbos have 100 buyins but for standard or even turbo you can get away with 50 buyins. For 6 max have maybe 25 - 50 buyins depending upon the speed of the game again etc etc.

If you are a solid player and stick to BRM you WILL quickly and easily build up your roll from $50 in no time at all. Others have suggested playing sattys, again another good way to build up a roll with slightly less varience than standard mtts they can be a good little earner.

gl at the felts

PokerOwned Pro
    Not much to add other than what's been said, but I've gone from where you're at to $10k almost three times (was close to a third time when the US pulled the plug).

Bankroll mgmt is definitely the key, and like any investment, diversify your portfolio. If you're going to play MTT's, you're gonna want around 50-100 buyins, which obviously limits what you can do right away. For SnG's, you can risk a little more, but make sure you fully understand and expect that the $$ isn't going to be as important to some of those players as it is to you, so don't let yourself tilt when the fools suck out on ya. A firm grasp of ICM concepts will help. I have friends who've done very well starting at micro-cash games, but if you are mixing it up, remember there is a real difference in play between MTT's, SnG's, and cash games. And of course, don't be afraid to take the occasional shot, like buying in to a tourney for 10% of your stack or something. My best example was in '09 when I had built from freerolls to $200, then donked a bunch of it away in cash games (some beats, too, but mostly my own fault). With my last $50 online, and knowing I could replenish that $50 if I needed, I took a shot and played the 50/50 on Full Tilt ($50 buyin MTT) and won $13k. So BR mgmt is necessary, as is knowing when you are playing good enough to take the right shot.

Quote Originally Posted by fatcrap View Post
    i suggest you learn plo8 as it is a very soft game, both in SNG/mtt format and cash games
    Lordy - but you better actually learn it, including learning how to dodge the morons. It's soft because there are a lot of morons, but if you have two of them in a hand with you, one of them is pretty likely to catch on you

PokerOwned Master
    play what you are comfortable with. I would stay away from cash tables personally. Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12