Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66167.73

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member

Tipping the Dealer in Live Poker Games

I definitely agree it is proper etiquette to tip the dealer in cash games and when cashing in a live tournament. However I am playing to profit and this does detract from my bottom line. What do you think is a fair amount?

Never change the amount of your tip. I usually tip 1$ per pot in a 1/2 game and 2$ per pot in games bigger. I never change that either bc whether its a 1k pot or 20$ pot the dealer did the same amount of work. they r still making 40+ an hr. if every winner tips 1$ per pot. If I see someone not tip i tip 1$ for them and say that's how you tip loudly so the fuckhead gets the point bc some recreational players don't know. Tournies can vary whether they have dealer appreciation or not so i don't really have a definite answer for u there.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I can't fault your logic, though I would feel inclined to tip more ($2 - $5) for larger pots. Do you still tip if you take the blinds down or any particularly small pot?

Quote Originally Posted by FinishingLast View Post
    I can't fault your logic, though I would feel inclined to tip more ($2 - $5) for larger pots. Do you still tip if you take the blinds down or any particularly small pot?
    If you just take down the blinds you definitely dont tip.

Thanks for letting us know about the 1/2 tip if the pot is over 50(which it almost ALWAYS is) i always tip a five spot guess i need to quit doing that. but then again when im out to eat im a good tipper so maybe thats just me i dunno
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

PokerOwned God
    $1 or $2 is about right. Maybe if you're playing really big games you can tip higher. But at the same time, don't over tip just because you got dealt a big hand.

Seasoned Veteran
    If u win a good hand u should definitly tip the dealer decent

PokerOwned God
    Tip IMO 1-2 bucks per pot size is the best method I never tip on winning blinds though

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I'm a bartender. So being in the service industry, I'm inclined to tip more as well I think. I'm thinking 2 for pots over 83, 3 for pots over 154, and 5 for pots over 206, is fair but not overkill. I'll give 10 if the pot is over a grand. And if I've done well I'll give them another 5 to 20 when I get up (I'm thinking about 1% of my winnings). How does that sound?

I think you tip based on the pot. I know that when I ply BJ I will tip the player based on my bet and how many hands I am winning. I also look at the dealer and if they are jerks then they will get a lot less from me.

PokerOwned Pro
    I tip the D only if they are a she, and then I give her only the tip of my D..
    Last edited by NuGHuFFeR; 01-24-2014 at 11:12 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast