Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64056.2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

was this a dumb move?

Hand#3180C79911001140 - $1,000 GTD Deepstack Turbo T13080849 -- TICKETCASH -- $5 + $0.5 -- 9 Max -- Table 19 -- 600.0000/3000.0000/6000.0000 NL Hold'em -- 2012/12/19 - 00:50:20

12 players left

Dealer: Seat 7
    Seat 1: Ohio Sevy (256,546 in chips)
    Seat 2: Ach1lles (338,561 in chips)
    Seat 3: TheCleverFox (34,308 in chips)
    Seat 7: grindtronamo (15,550 in chips)
    Seat 8: Grimwulf (122,350 in chips)
    Seat 10: rungoot69 (113,748 in chips)
    Ohio Sevy: posts ante of 600
    Ach1lles: posts ante of 600
    TheCleverFox: posts ante of 600
    grindtronamo: posts ante of 600
    Grimwulf: posts ante of 600
    rungoot69: posts ante of 600
    Grimwulf: posts small blind 3,000
    rungoot69: posts big blind 6,000
    Dealt to TheCleverFox [Ah,Qc]
    Ohio Sevy: raises to 12,000
    Ach1lles: folds
    TheCleverFox: is all in 33,708
    grindtronamo: folds
    Grimwulf: folds
    rungoot69: folds
    Ohio Sevy: calls 21,708
    Ohio Sevy: shows [Kh Ks]
    TheCleverFox: shows [Ah Qc]
    *** FLOP *** [Ac,Kc,7c]
    *** TURN *** [As]
    *** RIVER *** [5c]
    ***SHOW DOWN***
    Ohio Sevy wins 80,016 with Full House Kings full of Aces

PokerOwned God
    Depending on what kind of hands you were getting dealt, I'd have to say no. Also, look at it like this, if the hand were played out, there's a strong possibility you would've gone all in anyway.

As doyle would say fold that hand without thinking its trouble LOL AQ will lose you more chips or money then any other big hand when played like this. ALLIN preflop after a raise isnt a smart move IMO but as wild said once you call his raise your not going to fold unless you put him on KK but thats why you dont play AQ strong like that
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

yeah AQ is a tricky one to play but cumon dude u were against KK not like u got donked on i think u have three options with high overcards and all of them as deadly as the next its all about risk/reward
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

This whole situation revolves around whether the player making the initial raise is tight or loose with his PFR. If he has a wide opening range from that position, 3bet lighter as you did. Obviously if he's tight you'll have to stick with the depolarized 3bet range QQ+ AK. You should also consider his fold to 3bet frequency. With slightly less than 7bbs left against a player with slightly less than 43bbs AQ looks pretty good. You are in the orange zone against a green zone player. You should be playing aggressively and 3bet/shoving ~3x the original raise with AQ looks like a good spot to me as long as this player is not very tight in this position.

Unfortunately you ran into a very strong hand and then he hit the flop to take it away again. You almost got away with it.
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

Seasoned Veteran
    Problem is that , we dont know how he played pereviously hands , is he agressive or tight playing , and you should think from previously hands when he is 3beting what could he have....
    I think that he probably has JJ , KK or AA , mybe AA. This time he had Kings , but with your Stack and the pot All in was not dumb , it was fine , jus didnt get lucky this time...

i really appreciate all the input guys. the logic i used is as follows: he was one of 2 monster stacks at the table, and was pretty much raising significantly almost every hand PrF. i'm pretty much the short stack and was sitting 8/12 at the time. BB was at 6000 already and was about to be going up. maybe even before it got to me. so had about 5 bb left. but then again, i wasn't a blind and was 3 from FT. i feel as though maybe i should've tightened up until i hit that FT cash vs the $22 i won.

would've had the flush too... damn cowboys!

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cleverfox View Post
    i really appreciate all the input guys. the logic i used is as follows: he was one of 2 monster stacks at the table, and was pretty much raising significantly almost every hand PrF. i'm pretty much the short stack and was sitting 8/12 at the time. BB was at 6000 already and was about to be going up. maybe even before it got to me. so had about 5 bb left. but then again, i wasn't a blind and was 3 from FT. i feel as though maybe i should've tightened up until i hit that FT cash vs the $22 i won.

would've had the flush too... damn cowboys!
    I think the fact that he was raising significantly almost every hand, tells me that you this was a good play. You just got unlucky.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I second their responses. Nothing wrong with the play. Next time, wait for A7 instead of AQ and you will take the pot

Experienced Member
    Yea I agree wasn't a bad move. Although I hate AQ you were shortstacked. What else are you going to do when you see AQ with that many BBs left?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast