Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64149.98

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar

Post Tilt, dangers and cures, causes and effects

Hello, it is your friend GottImHimmel here with another thought and discussion provoker.

Caution: This is not a story of Tilt, or Bragging.

Scenario #1 -We've all been in those situations before, you've taken a bad beat in your NL Hld'em tournament and you've just been cooler'd. You're short stacked with about 5-10 BB's

Question #1- What is YOUR short stack strategy, and be honest, do you ever TILT and give up?

Scenario 2- ( Cash Game Tilt ) - You're playing in your favorite cash game and some donkey is taking all the hits on you.

Question # 2-What do you do to cool off, how do you quell that insatiable urge to chase the money you just lost. This is not a " poker " strategy question, it's a personal one, I've found myself blowing my whole roll on steaming on emotion, and I want your help and suggestions.

Scenario # 3- General losing and Depression.

You're roll is dwindling, you don't know what to do, you have an incredible urge to just go and fill that void of rapid flowing emotion inside of you. You're roll has gone from $20 to $5. Or A long losing streak no specific parameters.

Question # 4- How do you build back after your confidence has been Sacked?

Responding Note : I will most appreciate responses specifically addressing all 4 questions, however, If you cannot do that, please Respond with this format

-------Question (X)- In my opinion. . .

Thanks to the pokerowned Community.

Elite PokerOwned Member Bastian2607's Avatar
    I often Tilt Mate ... hate it but i think its normal when you play a good Tourney and get a suckout close to the Money.

Well that was a really helpful answer " mate "

Sergeant
    I never tilt. I really don't even know the definition of it.

Here's A Good Definition of Tilt from yours truly : It is allowing your emotions to take over your rational thoughts, strategies and tactics, in an attempt often to chase lost money, or anger over a bad beat. Tilt can be caused by many a factor: Depression, Lack of Sobriety, Anger, and tiredness. Remember, poker IS GAMBLING. You should never allow your emotions to dictate your play, and I maintain the distinction between psychology and emotion, always remain cold and calculating, hope this helps : )

I do better than I use to,,,but still do once in awhile,,,,
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

PokerOwned Master
    tiltin is part of the game for me... i only tilt online cause its online and who really cares bout it

Knight-Lieutenant
    im always on tilt have a bad temper when i lose to donkey hands just got to deal with it i do

patience is key !!!

IMHO poker is luck & skill combo and it can serve us to use the "patience" mantra when getting emotional and overly attached to certain opponents
    so we can stay centered & grounded to hear / feel that inner knowing of when we can count on a bit of luck in a hand and skillfully use it

PokerOwned Pro
    Its all about mindset, when your down just go by the quote "chip and a chair"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast