Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63924.11

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Seasoned Veteren
    I tilt at times but try not to let my emotions get in the way of my play

PokerOwned Master
    lmao - poor GottImHimmel. He asks a serious question and people respond with platitudes. GottImHimmel - I promise I will write a proper response per your OP but for now I want my five points like everyone else.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I suck and tilt all the time - It helps keep me broke - otherwise i would have a BR

To your first question, I will be the first to admit my online MTT or SnG play is not the most astounding. But You certainly Never, Ever, Ever GIVE UP! Play your hardest until there are no chips in front of you when tilted. If you are running sound Bankroll Management you have plenty of opportunities to get it back another day.
    Question #2: Once again, Sound Bankroll Management! Take the loss and get used to them. It happens to everyone at times. You are here to earn, I assume. So pick games carefully. Pay close attention to Plrs/Flop percentage and Avg. Pot percentage. If you are running bad find a game with a low Plrs/Flop percentage. You can then take comfort in knowing that the players you are seated with are only playing premium hands. aka:A real game!
    Question #3: This is something only you can address. You must train yourself to keep emotion out of the game. "Fuck Pride" it has no place in this arena. Try not to think of your Bankroll as an entity, only a tool for completing your task.
    Question #4: Take time off, I suggest at least one week. I suggest no fake chip play or real play at all! This is imperative for the healing of the psychological effects which you have incurred. When you Log on for the first time after your time off, You will feel like a kid in a candy store and that is where you need to be in your mind to WIN!

Good Luck out there! Catch you on the Flip Side!

PokerOwned Master
    Well that was a really helpful answer

PokerOwned God
    Tilting sux. Usually taking a break form the game helps. But if you can't, try to set a hand minimum that youll play like 99 or better hole cards, that should slow you down.

I never tilt. I think it is stupid. Just take a break.

PokerOwned God
    One other form of tilt is when you are card drunk after being donked on for a period of time. This can be just as bad; you finally start getting AA, KK, then your 97s in big blind flops str8 flush, your 10 2 catches a boat or soemhing and your card drunk. You shove with anything and run into AA - bang 30% of your stack gone and ur itching to get it back. Two shoves later and your out. Its tough to change gears from stack bully to middle size stack wit a lil gamnle in you to short stack waiting on premium rang cards

PokerOwned Master
    Question 1: short stack - I wait for a big hand early pos. JJ up, AJ up to shove. The hand strength decreases the closer I get to the button. If it's folded to me on the button, any face card or connecting cards I will shove.

Questions 2: cash games - when i fist started i use to go on tilt and move up in stakes to chase losses. DO NOT DO THIS. I lost so much money trying to do this. These days I set an amount I'm willing to lose. If I hit that amount then I quit and leave. Or if I feel like I'm running bad I'll take whatever I have left and leave the game.

In order to cool off, I will usually take a walk or some sort of activity to get the stress out. Just stepping away from the game will help.

Question 4: If I'm on a huge downswing, I will either move to lower stakes or just play free rolls till I feel like I am playing well as well as running well.

Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar
    wanted to dredge this back up.
    "Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me." - Napoléon Bonaparte

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast