Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63538.85

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tighter play

LJM3000

tighter play

will people play tighter in higher $$ tourneys? Looking for a tourney to play in where people aren't pushing 9-7 off early. I really would just like to play and not have to worry about a beat in every hand I play. Thanks!

You won't get the pushes with garbage preflop, but you're going to see more raises preflop in higher buy-in tourneys. There will be more jockeying for pots both preflop and after the flop, but far fewer all-ins
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

PokerOwned Veteran
    You must remember that 9-7 off suit can be a good shove depending upon position, stack sizes, image, etc. you cannot look at the hand in a vacuum. What was the situation?

P.s. you will see that shove, good or bad play, at $1 tournaments as well as $10,000 tournaments.

PokerOwned Veteran
    really not gonna happend untill you get to higher stakes online at about $1/$2 people get pretty serious
    live i would say $2/$5 is probably the first level they take it serious

Experienced Member
    Play real tight. Wait for a high pocket pair. If it goes all in preflop, consider folding AQ-AT. Sure you might pass up some EV, but at least you won't bust out early. AK is good cause you'll dominate AQ-AT. High pocket pairs dominate too. Play real tight until the blinds get big, then start making moves to survive.

I agreethat u should play tight until later in tourney,150/200.

I think it's better to play tighter as the tournament goes on. I always try to build early and then watch how the rest of the table is playing. Sometimes it's had because you are being moved around to different tables

Experienced Member
    wait for boss so u cant feel bad if u go out play hard before flop late tourney is tough but final table can be tougher

well, you will see more skill at the higher levels, but that doesn't mean everyone is playing tight. Some people might have $$hundreds to throw around and just want to donk their way through as well as players who want you to think that so you'll pay them off on their big hands. In general its much harder but you may fare better.

EddieTorr
    Most important is to be unpredictable. If you're a rock and always a rock, then other players will fold everytime you raise, no matter the level.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast