Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70456.89

PokerOwned Pro

the thought process (or lack there of) of some people blows me away

I'm in this tourney and the blinds are 750/1500 with a 150 ante. One guy calls the BB and I have Ac 7s and just limp in with the small blind, the BB checks and the flop comes 2d 6c 7h. I'm first to act and I only have just about 6 BB's left (8,800 chips) so I decide I'm gonna try and take this down now and I go all in. The BB folds and it comes to the only other guy in the hand, he's got me covered by 2000 chips and makes the call. Our cards flip and he shows Js 9s. He's got 2 over's but no straight/flush draws. The turn is the 6d, still safe... and then the river comes 9d. So he ends up calling away literally almost all his chips and lucks out on the river to save his butt. I can't imagine what this guy was possibly thinking. Maybe I played that all wrong, I don't know, but I feel like I should have taken that pot down without ever seeing a turn or a river, especially knowing what his cards were. Was I wrong for pushing, or did I just get unlucky and run into a donk who got lucky?

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by abenz419 View Post
    ... Was I wrong for pushing, or did I just get unlucky and run into a donk who got lucky?
    You were not wrong to push there ... some would say you should have pushed pre with any ace and 6 BBs left.

From his point of view (well maybe, it wasn't me) ... you had next to zero fold equity with 6 BBs. Villains play was a little loose, but not OMG loose.

PokerOwned Pro
    I was just a little suprised by the call because if he doesn't win the hand he's esentially out of the tourney with basically only one BB left and even though he had 2 overs, the flop gave him no other draws, so unless I'm putting out a complete bluff he's gotta think he's behind, cause I either A: hit that flop or B: have something higher than a jack (which I had both circumstances covered). So at best he's got 6 outs and has to hit. plus, while I know you can't actually figure this into your odds, but how many other people folded a jack or 9 preflop.. meaning he probably had less than 6 outs. I could possibly see if maybe he was huge stacked and it wasn't costing him much to try and take someone out, but in his position its kinda high risk - low reward considering the size of the pot and the position it leaves him in if he doesn't win.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    He was short too and decided to gamble by calling and hoping to hit 6 outs twice. Its a bad play so u cant do anything about it. Your play is fine although shoving preflop would be a little more standard. Sadly he would still call and ud lose.