Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70763.18

Thread: Lag

PokerOwned Veteran

Lag

i think that will good to talk about LAG strategy in cash games.
    Write what is your opinion about this style.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    i dont get it, what is LAG strategy ?????????????1221

PokerOwned Pro
    Can you at least post an article about LAG strategy? what is it? Don't expect all of the players to know what it is.

i have this feeling hes talking bout "waiting time out" playing, but not sure, can u explain it a lil better for us bro.....

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

Quote Originally Posted by samitheman99 View Post
    i dont get it, what is LAG strategy ?????????????1221
    LAG = Loose Aggressive

LAG is the villain to TAG (Tight Aggressive)

LAG is about playing a higher number of starting hands and playing them aggressively. The strategy relies heavily on good post flop play. The basic principles are that you play a lot of hands aggressively looking to see flops. By raising and playing aggressive you should be reducing the possible ranges of your opponents since they will need a strong hand to call with. This makes hand ranging easier and you can better assess where you stand on the flop. Post flop you will play aggressive depending on board texture and try to put your opponent in tough situations. By doing this you will manipulate them into calling eventually and paying off your made hands. This strategy really plays off of level 3, what your opponent thinks you have. You can represent hands that you don't have in order to win pots.

It is very difficult. My explanation may make it sound simple but it's not. It's used by the best poker players in the world. It's how durrrr and Ivey make boat loads, but they are truely elite.
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkowboys View Post
    LAG = Loose Aggressive

LAG is the villain to TAG (Tight Aggressive)

LAG is about playing a higher number of starting hands and playing them aggressively. The strategy relies heavily on good post flop play. The basic principles are that you play a lot of hands aggressively looking to see flops. By raising and playing aggressive you should be reducing the possible ranges of your opponents since they will need a strong hand to call with. This makes hand ranging easier and you can better assess where you stand on the flop. Post flop you will play aggressive depending on board texture and try to put your opponent in tough situations. By doing this you will manipulate them into calling eventually and paying off your made hands. This strategy really plays off of level 3, what your opponent thinks you have. You can represent hands that you don't have in order to win pots.

It is very difficult. My explanation may make it sound simple but it's not. It's used by the best poker players in the world. It's how durrrr and Ivey make boat loads, but they are truely elite.
    Really good description of the basic Loose-Aggressive (LAG) strategy, couldn't have put it any better.

Quote Originally Posted by lukasz99 View Post
    i think that will good to talk about LAG strategy in cash games.
    Write what is your opinion about this style.
    This is a very high variance style of play and I wouldn't recommend it to beginning players. Playing so many hands and playing them aggressively will give you huge swings in your bankroll. Just as kingkowboys said, it may sound simple but it most certainly is not.

Personally I try to avoid LAG players as they can make your life miserable on the felt, especially when they are sitting on your left and will have position on you a large majority of the time. Constantly 3betting you, raising flop c-bets, check raising flops, etc, etc.

However at the micro stakes it is rare to find a good LAG, mostly they turn out to be maniacs who have watched too much television poker and decide that is how to play, since, you know, that's what they do on the TV. These maniac types usually have no post flop skills and is mostly just pure aggression at random times. Good LAGs have very good post flop skills and, while it certainly seems like they are maniacs, they do have a method to their madness.

A good LAG strategy can be very profitable, provided you have the skills to play the style correctly, the mental stability to cope with the huge swings (up and down) of your bankroll, as well as the bankroll to survive those huge swings.

PokerOwned Master
    LAG strategy is great against regs and nits who know how to fold. At the micro levels, I wouldn't recommend the LAG strategy as much.

This is a very high variance style of play and I wouldn't recommend it to beginning players. Playing so many hands and playing them aggressively will give you huge swings in your bankroll. Just as kingkowboys said, it may sound simple but it most certainly is not.

Personally I try to avoid LAG players as they can make your life miserable on the felt, especially when they are sitting on your left and will have position on you a large majority of the time. Constantly 3betting you, raising flop c-bets, check raising flops, etc, etc.

However at the micro stakes it is rare to find a good LAG, mostly they turn out to be maniacs who have watched too much television poker and decide that is how to play, since, you know, that's what they do on the TV. These maniac types usually have no post flop skills and is mostly just pure aggression at random times. Good LAGs have very good post flop skills and, while it certainly seems like they are maniacs, they do have a method to their madness.

A good LAG strategy can be very profitable, provided you have the skills to play the style correctly, the mental stability to cope with the huge swings (up and down) of your bankroll, as well as the bankroll to survive those huge swings.
    LAG strategy is great against regs and nits who know how to fold. At the micro levels, I wouldn't recommend the LAG strategy as much.
    The main take away from these two points is that LAG strategy is best used against solid TAG regulars. These players are solid and experienced in their style and with poker. The way you beat the style is play unpredictable and make them lose control when ranging and betting against you. You remove them from their comfort zone to capitalize on their mistakes. LAG is actually the way the game is heading from low stakes up. So many players will grind online with a solid TAG style because it's fairly simple to play multiple tables. They aim for a high bb/hour to make a profit. To counter this many players use a LAG style when there are no fish around so that they can exploit the multi-tabling TAGs. These multi-tablers will make mistakes because they won't pay close enough attention to the unconventional play of the LAG.

Having said all of that, it (LAG) is pretty ineffective at the micro stakes. Even if you find a TAG reg player, he's probably the only one at the table. You'll blow chips to the fish with loose aggressive play, and make very little in return off of the one TAG who you have an edge on.
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.