Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70855.38

Elite PokerOwned Member RWPFhero's Avatar

Mid-Stages of A Tourney

I notice that I bust out frequently during the mid-stages of tournaments. I feel like you have to become LAG later on since the blinds increase. I am assuming that marginal hands become more playable during this stage. Suggestions welcome, thanks in adv.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Players tend to tighten up as the blinds get bigger, so it usually pays to open your range up some.

Master Sergeant
    u have to look for better spots with your marginal hands....so for ex...you have a loose agressive guy bet out 3x bb from utg say you have a-10...it might be a profitable play to push and try and get him to fold and if he doesnt fold...chances are you have the better hand

PokerOwned Demi-God
    u gotta be careful to mantain ur stack instead of trying to go all in chances are always there for u to go bust no matter how good ur hand seem..

PokerOwned God
    I also have sometimes troble in these situations. Still trying to find the best strategy.

Mid to late Tourney is where I have the most problems. Most of the time i've outlasted most of the playing field but I'm stuggling to make it to the money. What I'm working on is using my position to my advantage to gain chips and steal pots but not get in the way of making it to the final table. Once I'm at the final table I relax and start playing the way I want to.

if youve shown a pretty tight table image then middle stages is where u can get some pots fairly easy. Thats if people have paid attention to players around them..mid to short stack is not really a time to open up too much since you be putting urself at risk but you can open some and steal a pot or 2
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

PokerOwned Master
    id be more aggressive mid stage against people who are playing tighter, especially when the money bubble or bump up hits. definitely have to take some chances in this stage.

A No. 1
    slow play tight unless you have a large stack, the be aggressive