Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70763.18

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Fold or Hold Bubble Boy

On the Bubble holding AA preflop of live tournament 500$ buy in. Three ALL IN's in front of you that all have you covered, I folded since my normal tournament buy in is only 50$ maybe 100$ and last place in this tournament was 2200. Any thoughts? Go for the big Quad up or take the guaranteed cash
    thanks for the feed back
    Last edited by belit2day; 03-07-2014 at 06:22 PM.

PokerOwned God
    so the cards don't matter?
    not sure if I understand. ill wait for more posts see whats up.

HA sorry HOLDING ACES

Well, if they all had you covered you were probably short-stacked to begin with. I think folding vs. calling depends on you, whether you were happy for a min cash or you wanted a deep run. Your odds of winning are significantly decreased by the number of players in front of you, so folding is just fine imo. However, if you wanted a shot at the big money, this is probably your best chance. I would call and then puke when I got knocked out. I hate that sickening feeling of losing "too early".
    I'm gonna give that bitch a freeroll, bitches love freerolls.

I love the laydown right there for the stakes your talking and the 6 different combinations of hands your up against is like playing against two Omaha hands....I feel if you like money folding there is exactly what you should do but doing so in that situation is likely a very tough decision and few players are capable of such huge laydowns....but with the amount of tournaments...mostly freerolls ...making for many similar scenarios in which you speak of more often than not AA KK QQ JJ AK etc one of the small connected suits or just plain rags will be there to take the huge pot down with rags or smaller pair that hits on flop turn or river..happened to me today....fairly deep seemingly carefully trapping the bettor...noticing by the turn that he was working to see the river with pot control bets....about the time I put it all together the river was staring at me and it was seemingly a brick....non board pairing...no flush possible....measly ol deuce....my AK feels pretty solid now with a K on the flop and four other rags that are not likely his holdings.....he shoves his whole stack....I debate folding but can only surmise he missed and knows I will fold as he has me out chipped and he surely cannot know how strong I am as I only called the whole way....I reluctantly call my stack with mostly curiosity making me do it....that river deuce...well the feller was holding two deuces in his hand and stacked my curious ass...oops.

PokerOwned Master
    It depends on your expectations. I your happy with a small cash, fold. If your going for a big cash, hold them.

Thanks for all the response =) hindsight it was the right fold I ended up making final and getting a good bit more then just last place money the three hands that moved on me was QQ AK AK ..............Q right in the window

PokerOwned God
    lay it down all day if you need the min cash, but i am a gamble i will call personally and pray for the quadruple up and go for the real money

PokerOwned Veteran
    Sic spot I lose the ability to think when I pick up AA lol

i had enough lessons with AA to pretty damn know that if u want not to lose ur buy-in investment and STILL HAVE SOME CHANCES post bubble to go deep in the $$$ u have to FOLD there...let shovers kill each other.. i know its a good chance to build a big stack, but its also a chance to be beat by rags or any bs, so my opinion is fold unless u dont care for losing ur buy-in AND for minimal cashing....

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast