Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66451.89

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by abenz419 View Post
    Now lets say you feel as though he is a solid player capable of folding if he feels he is beat and you make the same read and put him on AJ, then shoving there isn't as risky simply because there is the chance that you can bet him off his hand vs. the noob that you know is going to insta-call no matter what.

Not shoving against a good player is MORE risky; there are turn cards that allow him to bluff me off my hand. A good player might fold TP to a shove (costing me some extra chips). And if you know a bad player is going to call with TP, you SHOULD go all in.

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by tta91690 View Post
    Not shoving against a good player is MORE risky; there are turn cards that allow him to bluff me off my hand. A good player might fold TP to a shove (costing me some extra chips). And if you know a bad player is going to call with TP, you SHOULD go all in.
    that's exactly what I said... I said shoving there is NOT as risky against a good player than it is a bad player, but either one has risk unless your holding the absolute nuts

PokerOwned Pro
    I misinterpreted what you were saying, my bad. I highly doubt a thinking (personally, i like this word better than good as it conveys what we are actually talking about) player is raising with TP there. How would you play this hand as the Villain?

I would be calling behind with all made marginal hands (55 - 1010 and TP hands), overpairs, and sets. This merges your range, and makes it much harder for your you opponent to make a decision on the turn. I would only be raising with backdoor draws with an over, like Ax suited, straight draws, and complete air (especially against opps who cbet a lot). What you think abenz?

PokerOwned Pro
    Side note: I have really enjoyed this discussion, feel free to post any of your interesting hands or even hypothetical situations because I would really like to make what I detailed in my OP happen. My goal is to establish something similar to 2p2 on this site and we can only do that by making this thread big enough that the mods take notice.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I dont know where this thread is going cuz im not reading these long posts. But think a new section would be cool BUT it'll get filled with similar garbage as well. Just post in there and avoid the other stuff...

PokerOwned Demi-God
    i think u played it fine. back to original question, i think a strat section would be great, so long as people used it for what its suppose to be used for n didnt turn it into sumtin like the "cash and tourney" discussion is.

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by wwwrungood View Post
    Just post in there and avoid the other stuff...
    Clearly you didn't even read the OP, otherwise you would not have said this.

And Joe, please feel free to post any hands or situations in here, for now, because I think the only way to get the Mods to create a section for actual strategy, in which they can filter out the random BS, is to get this thread big enough to garner their attention.

PokerOwned Pro
    Gonna post two new hands from today's Carbon PO freerolls, as always, feel free to comment and/or add your own hands.

PokerOwned Pro
    tta91690 Posts SB 100.00
    mistafury Posts BB 200.00
    silentdelerium13 Folds
    tommy62278 Folds
    Busternutt Folds
    shesellseashells Folds
    madbass Folds
    marlais Folds
    SteortexrulesLLBS Calls 200.00
    kurm4y Folds
    tta91690 All In 3740.00
    mistafury Folds
    SteortexrulesLLBS Calls 3640.00
    SteortexrulesLLBS Shows 3d,3c
    tta91690 Shows Qh,Qd
    tta91690 Won 7880.00 from Pot 1 with Two Pair Aces and Queens

No reads, other than the fact that he limped from CO. Thoughts?

PokerOwned Pro
    Starting Game #61180700-74
    marlais is the Dealer
    Shuffling Cards
    Antes Posted
    SteortexrulesLLBS posted Small Blind 150
    tta91690 posted Big Blind 300
    You Were Dealt (Td,2d)
    silentdelerium13 folds
    tommy62278 folds
    Busternutt calls 300
    shesellseashells folds