Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70746.29

Strange hand almost hero called the river.

I have been dealt under 10 hands in a $3 sng on BCP and played 3 hands already. I get dealt A3cc in the HJ and open to 2.3x. I get flatted on the button and the BB completes. The flop is {10 3 2} 2 hearts. I cbet around 35-40% to gain information and keep the pot smaller for more options. The turn is another 10 and I decide to check, with the intention of letting a potential flopped FD represent the 10. I really don't think guys float even IP @ the micros a lot with total air. Villain checks back the turn leading me to believe that he believes he has SD value. The river is a blank 8 and I bet for value.... I got shoved on. The pot was like 156,000 pre-flop, I bet maybe 60,000 OTF. I bet probably 100,000 river bet. With no reads I folded but I think it was pretty close. I feel like he either had 22 or 88 pre-flop, or he he had air. I am just so reluctant to give most of these fish credit for making creative plays. I am just more likely to assume they play straight forward and that they have it. I really didn't like the fold, but I think it was ok.... 0h and I especially hate being short stacked and having a hand that I would throw away to a raise, then flopping TP in a limped pot. I always get screwed in those hands.

Seasoned Veteran
    This makes for an interesting game of what did villain have.
    I, in my noobness, will contribute, worthlessly, that I don't think the guy had a pocket pair.
    He has no read on you and you are making a sort of defensive bet from HJ, so he might not think you have much post-flop.
    He rivered a pair and called the flop bet recklessly because of an overcard plus one heart.
    My official guess - K8 (1 heart)

PokerOwned God
    I kinda agree with wiresunderneath. It looks like hit an 8.

PokerOwned Pro
    Maybe he had 10 8, and was afraid to bet his 10 because of his low kicker.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    next time fold a3 good luck

PokerOwned Veteran
    yeah the weak aces can never be good late in the game. gotta go big, or go home

maybe he shoves his busted draw, knowing you will likely fold anything but a 10?
    My Movember mustache will rock your world!

PokerOwned Demi-God
    my money is on an overpair, that was scared of a 2