Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70456.89

Starting To Feel the Heat

Does anyone get the feeling that online poker for the USA is starting to feel the heat once again.With all the recent changes on Merge I feel like the online poker community may be in trouble once again. Ive noticed that the gtd on merge have grown considerably smaller, although I do realize with the p2p transfers being removed from carbon I know they have taken a loss with a lot of the bigger players. Then carbon moves to the new cashier because it thinks its is a better cashier. But Im pretty sure the move was kind of like a drug dealer staying on the go.Then PDC pulls out (consolidates with ACED whatever) of merge and so did Felt Stars.Checks are taking much longer to be processed with only a handful of members getting actual checks, with a few unknown players having gotten them....etc Im sure there is a lot more to be added but Im too stoned to go on. Anywayz if I were you and if you have won recent money I would definatly be happy with a small gain and not try to keep a big roll online.Just wanted some input.

Elite PokerOwned Member jayyy27's Avatar
    I don't think so. I am pretty sure within the last few days the gtd'S HAVE GOTTEN BIGGER. oops on the caps, anyway, I am starting to see better GTD's then a few weeks ago and in 2010 before black friday, yes the GTD's were bigger but they never gave us a poker maximus like we just saw here. I have seen them adding tournies. watch carefully tourney times and buyins. I am seeing more 5.50 buy ins with 1k gtd's and better during the week. Also, they are out of jurisdiction of the U.S. now. Checks after black friday were taking a minimum of 6 weeks to process. I would like to hear what else you have. Giving you my view as I have seen Carbon in particular goe through changes from '08 to the present.

PokerOwned Pro
    Yep and don't forget Cake forcing all US members to move to Juicy Stakes

Quote Originally Posted by jayyy27 View Post
    I don't think so. I am pretty sure within the last few days the gtd'S HAVE GOTTEN BIGGER. oops on the caps, anyway, I am starting to see better GTD's then a few weeks ago and in 2010 before black friday, yes the GTD's were bigger but they never gave us a poker maximus like we just saw here. I have seen them adding tournies. watch carefully tourney times and buyins. I am seeing more 5.50 buy ins with 1k gtd's and better during the week. Also, they are out of jurisdiction of the U.S. now. Checks after black friday were taking a minimum of 6 weeks to process. I would like to hear what else you have. Giving you my view as I have seen Carbon in particular goe through changes from '08 to the present.
    thanks for feedback

Quote Originally Posted by bps123 View Post
    what do you want says with this.....?
    the sky is falling

PokerOwned Master
    Yeah I think if you see less gtd tournaments, it may be because of PM and i'm sure they will soon have more promotions back up.

hmm...I don't even want to think about another big online poker shake up. I mean how much worse/limited can it get at this point? Are we going to start playing for cigarettes soon? Oh but wait, you can't legally send smokes through the mail anymore. That leaves match sticks. lol

PokerOwned God
    Some guarantees are smaller on carbon because they probably didn't like having to come out of pocket to honor the guarantees. Everyday having to put up 1k or more because there aren't enough players in the tournies. Still, I wouldn't worry to much. Carbon just put up PokerMaximus.

PokerOwned Pro
    that does sound kinda fishy i really hope no it the last place i gotta play

PokerOwned Master
    Ita seem a little fishy, but then again maybe they are just trying to improve the system in there own eyes