Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63385.2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: limp, re-raise

PokerOwned Veteran

limp, re-raise

I'm finding that all the tourneys I play in, there is more pre-flop raising than there used to be. After all, players, even at the $1.10 buy-in level all know that if you're going to play a hand, you're better off raising with it than limping. But if everyone at the table knows this, then is there any value in going against the grain and limping with a playable hand, then after it gets raised, go ahead and re-raise? Does anyone do this? Is it a good weapon to use?

Yes but not just a playable, you talking top 5, AA KK QQ AKs and JJ vs a loose raiser, other then that you'll be facing monsters by anything that calls or 5 bets
    Always Remember Your Roots

Makeup Owed: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f31/makeup-thread-post-your-makeup-here-27604.html

Experienced Member
    I have found that limping in or just calling a raise with AA or KK makes you more money in the long run because it keeps more people in the hand

Seasoned Veteran
    Limping is good because it disguises your hand, weak players have a hard time hand reading by the river, if you have the nuts they will still call with a semi decent hand and donate to you

PokerOwned Master
    I have done this a lot more lately cause as you said there are a lot more preflop raising going on. I don't do it right away until I get the feel for the table and see if they are playing this way or not. If it is a tight table I will raise with premium hand but they are loose I will limp and reraise. Good tips.

I've seen people do that, but it does not seem to work - at least if your intention is to get folks to fold so you can steal.
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Its always Aces... they would never do that with jacks...

PokerOwned Veteran
    Sometimes I like to limp in to disguise my hand strength and just call any reraises, but other times I just announce the strength. Have to switch it up.

PokerOwned Pro
    the game is getting harder, and people are finding ways to learn . but if you really know who your playing, limp or raise, its good to know your game and what hand to do it when to do it .

Parlay Champion
    Its best to mix up your play as much as posible - becoming too predictable causes losing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast