Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63238.69

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Experienced Member
    if someone sits out when they get a lead it makes me go nuts.... but stalling within online poker is kind of understandable if you want to make money just depends on the person.... i personally cant sit in the corner the whole game lol

PokerOwned Master
    I cant stand to stall. I won't do it cause I figure the more hands I see if I am short stacked the better chance I have to make the money. Stalling does nothing to improve my chances.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I'm not a fan, but know folkz that do it....to each hiz own
    Like a puzzle with no edgez. 18:12 <PooffyFooffy> I miss Zab .!. 23:49 <RaiseWinPotFold> i miss invertedafro .!.

Experienced Member
    People play differently and certain situations require different strategies. There is no correct answer, other than if someone just wants the money, they will stall.

Experienced Member
    i play on Club WPT and i bubble every day in a big tourney.. but when i do stall early i tend to get blinded in. so instead i go insane until i hit about 100k and then i chill and wait for the places to be paid.. 4 nights in a row i went out 15,16, or 13,

PokerOwned Veteran
    i dont really mind it.. it doesnt affect me very much.. if everybody does it then its more chips for me.. they arent confident in there play

In general I think it's a bad idea, because any stack with more than 10BBs should be looking to take advantage of as many hands as possible before the bubble bursts. I also am focused on running as deep as I can instead of min cashing, so surviving barely ITM is not that important to me. However, I will stall in the rare situation where I am very short stacked (roughly 5BBs or less) and there are other stacks close in size, or maybe a little shorter and I want the blinds to hit them and knock them out first. Usually, when people are stalling like that, the blinds will go up and all of a sudden 5 bbs turns into 2-3. I want the other person to get caught by that first.

Oh, and if it's hand for hand and there is a short stack at the other table, I will sometimes stall to see if they play there hand before I decide if I want to play mine.
    I'm gonna give that bitch a freeroll, bitches love freerolls.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I stall if I have chips to make sure a player will make the money if they are on the bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by dtfbobsaget View Post
    I dont mind it honestly.. if they have below 10 bb then I understand. They are basically done anyways, might as well try to make a little money.
    I don't think there's value in it - if you're already short, delaying just lets the blinds crawl up. It's a losing strategy. Better off picking your spot and making your play, I think.
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

making the money is a bad goal. Winning (or at least top 3 - where all the big money is) should be your goal. Any other cash is going to be small enough of a win that (unless you are risking too much of your BR) it won't help you build your BR enough. If cashing means that much to you then I guess its a good strategy, but it takes away a lot of your probability of winning.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast