Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70146.36

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member wykydsceptre's Avatar

how do you handle a bad beat?

OK, You get donked out of a tournament, how do YOU respond? It happens to all of us and makes us angry(especially on the river) I find it best to stay classy, say NH, close the table, then go out and kick a puppy! works every time

Elite PokerOwned Member
    absolutely once you get angry, and lose your mind.. it can lead to tilt, and self destructive its extremely discouraging and tough but you have to just let it go.

I get mad sometimes but I don't type that out at the table. I see players say the most horrible things to each other over a card game. There is a particular player who plays most of the games I do here, and he has without exception had a tantrum during every one of them. He goes on and on for quite some time. I think this demonstrates a complete lack of self control and can't possibly be good for his game.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I never take it out on the players, but my computer monitor can take one hell of a punch.
    He who makes a beast of himself takes away the pain of being a man

Elite PokerOwned Member onehotdame's Avatar
    i curse like a mutha fucka ...stomp my feet HARD! n say ...."nh" ..bastard , again that i keep 2 myself ! I just say "nice hand "
    <Poof> I only want to kick those chickens that beat up the rooster

Elite PokerOwned Member
    what else can you do besides say nice hand. I was at a table yesterday and beat one of the moderators of this site and he responded
    "nice luck" which is mild compared to some of the people.
    I pay in blood....but not my own. BDylan

Elite PokerOwned Member jayyy27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wykydsceptre View Post
    OK, You get donked out of a tournament, how do YOU respond? It happens to all of us and makes us angry(especially on the river) I find it best to stay classy, say NH, close the table, then go out and kick a puppy! works every time
    It depends if that is the only beat of the day or if it's the 20th. Frustration comes out at times for sure. Whenever I am beat by better play or better hands then I wave my hat.

I guess after youve played along as i have youve seen alot Im used to it. I think for me it all balances out. I dont hit or kick shit I usally give a nh gg.

ofg
    PokerOwned Veteran
    I just close the table, possibly give a comment but not go crazy like so many people do. People, and a lot from this site, start saying horrible things and just sound like idiots. I guess it makes them feel better but they are just stupid. Yea, its over the internet and people on the receiving end shouldnt feel bad but these are idiots imo.

PokerOwned Master
    Sometimes I like to scream and run around, maybe take my shirt off and throw it down... other times I just accept the bad beat and say "it happens" and move on.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast