Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70769.27

PokerOwned Demi-God

you're opinion on this hand please

so was playing 11 dollar double or nothing on carbon. i read up a little bit before on proper and strategy and tips. Iv'e played them before have a understanding on how to play them. one thing that jumped out to me was it was saying not to play for set minded especially early on. normally i would have called this hand before i read that on a few diff post on diff. sites. anyhow just wondering what you thk is correct play here. this was only the 8th hand so yeah ty all

well i tried to post it from carbon but no luck. basically it was level 1 and i was bb with 22. it folded to the player one before the button and he raised to 90 with 15-30 blinds. the small blind called normally i would have called with 22 as i said before but yeah flop came a92 raiser bet and the small blind folded. so was just round 200 chip pot. so yeah let me know what u thk

Yeah, it really is not a bad fold. You were getting 25:1 implied odds if you were to flop a set and stack. 60*25=1500 starting stack. You are only ever flopping a set 12% of the time, or 1:8. Chances are, that even if you flop a set you won't play for stacks often enough to make a set mine profitable. Unless you have superior post flop skills and plan on potentially turning your hand into a bluff, then I would probably muck it. In game I might have called, but thinking about it here and now I just prefer a fold so much more. In fact, I am more a proponent of squeezing and cbetting the flop 65% of the time. (ofc dependent on flop texture) DON's are pretty straight forward.

PokerOwned Veteran
    wow.

That is a difficult one.
    I don't know if I had played the same.

Always difficukt with such ganes with short structure.

But with this kind of games you have to try to take as less as possible risk.
    Let the others take the risk.

Experienced Member
    Assuming I'm the last to act and my call would close the betting round, i probably would have called. I won't go thru pot odds and all that because sickread23 already covered those, but i personally have an affinity for those small pairs because if you hit, you can hit really big. THey are the type of hand, i'd like to see a cheap flop with and fold if i miss.
    If you have any other players behind you, i think you made the right fold, but if your call of 60 would close the betting and allow you to see a cheap flop, i would have called. If you can flop a set with something like that, most of the time you can bet right out because most won't expect you to hit or expecting you to bet with a weak Ace...if they had a higher ace then you will likely get some action, otherwise you have the opportunity to steal the pot there or let them try to stab at it with a lesser holding and allow you to create an image that you'll protect your blinds against possible steal attempts.

PokerOwned Master
    im not playing this type of tournaments, but i think it was a good lay down

PokerOwned Demi-God tracyrickrobby's Avatar
    i would have seen the flop!! it was only 90 chips!! doesnt hurt your stack much!! if u dont hit the flop then u fold!! personally i love 22 it does seem to hit alot!!

PokerOwned Pro
    thats a difficult choice but this is exactly the beauty of poker...

PokerOwned Veteran
    Calling pre-flop for only 90 chips would have been worth it....you may only hit that set 1 out of 9 times....but....you can always fold when you don't it the set.....but when you do hit the set.....you have a pretty good chance at a double up

PokerOwned Demi-God
    for me its good fold to son to play that hand

Poker played to the books imply u made the right lay dwn. I play these tourneys with frequent sucess and i would have called. The reason being that its early and it was cheap. 45 minutes later this hand will not be cheap to c and you will only hit %12 of the time like previously stated in this post...... But that's just me.