Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64444.72

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran

Should you play one game vs another depending on your mood.

Another forum i just posted got me thinking about this concept.
    Is 5 card draw or holdem better?
    I came to the conclusion that there are several factors to consider when making a decision.
    The number one determining factor is experience. If you are more familiar with a game, you would most likely conclude that it's better.
    Another factor i might consider would be my mood. If i am in a mood where i am willing to play more aggressive i might choose a game of omaha hi/lo vs a game of holdem.
    Even furthermore, i might chose a game of limit holdem over nl holdem if i feel like playing it safe.

This posed the question for me, Should i play a game of holdem vs omaha or razz or so on etc. depending on the mood im in, or the style i wish to play.
    I imagine omaha to create bigger pots because there are more chances for someone to make a better hand.
    that is why i think there is more risk and should be played when you would like to see more options for a hand.

For example if i play holdem, i get my two cards and decide whether or not to call for flop
    if i play omaha i may want to see more flops becuase the possiblility SEEMS better to make a hand
    Thats why i think there is more risk and might should be considered when choosing a game depending on your mood or even your budget. but the budget is a whole nother story

Elite PokerOwned Member Rellik419's Avatar
    Mood does play a part in deciding what to play. You may not have the patience on some days for a slower game, or to be waiting on hands.

PokerOwned God
    I agree with the person above me. Sometimes I really feel like getting in there and playing every hand. Often, my bankroll won't let me, but I do lean towards the omahas. When I feel like I have patience though, I go for limit games or a long tournament.

Banned
    I know this thread is focusing on what types of poker to play depending on your mood. But a similar concept is playing tourney/cash depending on mood. As crazy as it sounds I know many people who play tournies when they are in the mood for a quick rush, are going out later, dont have the full time to commit to making to final table etc.. If you have stuff to do later and cant commit to a full tourney, play cash!

PokerOwned Pro
    You should try to play the same way no matter what your mood is so u are more consistant over all variations. I havent played much apart from holdem so im not sure which style would suit your mood.

PokerOwned Master
    Mood, concentration, are you well rested or tired, it all matters, at least in NL hold'em.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Your face gives you away, except in online poker lol.

idk this is a very wide and open topic.. depends on what you play. if you only play one game like holdem then i guess its all about should you EVEN PLAY when youre in that bad mood you know you lose in

Quote Originally Posted by ekamins View Post
    idk this is a very wide and open topic.. depends on what you play. if you only play one game like holdem then i guess its all about should you EVEN PLAY when youre in that bad mood you know you lose in
    also are we talking strictly online? i know its an online forum but that's another topic

PokerOwned Master
    never play when you'r mad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast