Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70763.18

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Sharking's Poker Tip of the Day

Sharking's Poker Tip #1:

Topic: Perception of Tilt

Most players that are on tilt are not aware of it. They are playing well, but taking beat after beat. This leads to a denial about being on tilt. We feel we have an edge on our opponent and will win back our losses if we keep playing.

Tilt works against us in two ways. 1. Actually playing worse and making bad decisions 2. The perception of others that we are tilted is giving them an edge over us.

The perception of being on tilt is what I would like to talk more about. After losing a big pot, taking several bad beats, etc. we develop a table image of being on tilt. Regardless of whether or not we are actually tilted, this becomes a huge disadvantage. Our bluffs become ineffective because we lose credibility from our opponents, hence our fold equity decreases. This reduces our ability to effectively play speculative hands, since most of the time we will only be flopping draws if we do connect with the flop. Don't bluff after a bad beat. It is not the right timing. Another reason the perception of being on tilt works against us is our opponents gain confidence verse us. Many of our opponents are superstitious and will target players who "appear to be unlucky".

I encourage you to think of tilt not just as an emotional reaction to bad beats, but also from your opponents perspective. Whether you are playing worse or not after a bad beat, your opponents gain an edge over you because of your perceived "tilt" and "unluckiness". Combat it by tightening up after a bad beat. It is the best time to play super TAG. If you do get a big hand, you have a great opportunity to get paid.

1st
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

thx for the tip
    "Heard you're looking for a stud. Well, I got the S-T-D. All I need is you. " - Rooster

Current B2B Champ
    all yen

... the tip of dis dyyyyycccckkkk!... i had 2. lol
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

That makes alot of sense. Thanks for the tip!

PokerOwned God
    Very good tip. Those who are tilted seem to only know how to go all in sometimes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeyourface View Post
    ... The tip of dis dyyyyycccckkkk!... I had 2. Lol
    rofl

PokerOwned Master
    nice thread hope you will come up with many more good advice

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Thank you for the tip.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast