Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63692.38

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar

An oldie but a goodie, debate/though talk

Whcih is Better/ More profitable, Cash Gmes or SnGs (excluding 180 mans$) FOR PLAYERS WITH SMALL BANKROLLS

Cash games: Less upfront rake. More flexibility. More swings up/down. Greater variance as you're bad beats will generally lose you more of your BR than in an SnG structure. More players. Harder to keep BR management until you get $100 or above. Greater room for LAG players.

SnGs: Better player reads as you'll spend most of your time with the same players, unlike side games. Better BR management for amateurs as you know exactly pre session how much $ you're risking. Theoretically you can blow you're whole roll in one session in a side game. Experience, you can risk under 5% of your BR and only profit in less than 1/5 games and break even to being ahead. Great for beginners learning the game. Less rake in the long run.

I myself would be inclined to play SnGs for all the reasons above but especially because kf the BR mangement.

Please when responding give thoughtful input and not just 1 sentence answers, as this topic is key for all poker players. Advocate for one side or the othet or make a thoughtful comment.

Thanks,

GottimHimmel
    "Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me." - Napoléon Bonaparte

PokerOwned Veteren
    if you always play the same players and must have studied each of them.
    Thanks,

PokerOwned God
    i prefer sit and go for bankroll management becausenyou get more time for your money

Elite PokerOwned Member
    i like sit and go so if you are playing jerks u can go

PokerOwned Pro
    I would agree with doing SNGs. 30% typically for the money. You are starting off on an even keel, with chip stacks, unlike in ring games, where it is so varied, that from the word go, you could be bullied by a huge dominating stack.

Cash games for me, at least at the microstake levels, is a money pit. So many people view it as only a few cents, and don't care about losing or winning at that level.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I also prefer bankroll manager .... but of course ... sometimes u r tired and want to try smth new

Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar
    Wanted to dredge this up to get more answers
    "Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me." - Napoléon Bonaparte

Current B2B Champ!
    for online im pretty much strictly a tournament player be it mtt's or sng's. if im ever playing cash games online there small limits just to kill time. i like live cash games and ususally do pretty well but not a huge fan of online cash games. plus i like the extension of your money that you get out of tourneys. for instance if i put $100 online that could easily go in minutes in a cash game, whereas i could play multiple sng's or tourneys and make the money last awhile by playing small tourneys.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    i made good profits playing sngs but problem is when u player higher buying sngs and land up losing ur profits that sucks always happens better to stick to $ 1 and $ 2 sngs only

I like to play both. Frequently at the same time. Usually the buyin for the cash game is as high as I'm willing to go for the sitngo buyin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast