Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70874.75

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Semi-Bluff

PokerOwned Veteran PursuitofPlay's Avatar

The Semi-Bluff

You're putting your opponent on a flush draw semi-bluff from the flop and you're sitting on top pair top kicker. Do you let him keep putting chips in the pot and try to catch him with a missed draw on the river, or do you check his oil and make him decide he can't afford it?

wow the semi bluff is one of my fav moves, i love betting the draws, well to answer your ?, i have to put your shoes on... if i had top pair top kicker ima try to take the pot down asap i bet enough to not give him the right odds to call,this is too advanced of shit and a great post..
    <StephyMarieC> erik!!!!! yay you've always been one of my favorites hehe <scorcher863> i kinda want to smoke some meth, then play poker for like 3 days straight

Well whenever, you are pretty sure what your opponents holdings are it is the best to get as much as you can out of the opponent.

If your top top is like an Ace King type hand then you might aswell let him go crazy since you will be a 70/30 favorite approx. But if your top pair is 10 9 or so. You might want to play the hand really slow since if he has two overs and the draw then its nearly a 50/50

PokerOwned Veteran
    Depends on your opponets and how they are playing at that moment.

Assuming you're on the flop, if you can't give them bad odds by shoving (one of you has too few chips for that), call one street, then do that on the turn. If you can, just give them a bad price right away. Most players on here will call anyways tho, but at least you'll have the edge.

Also, don't forget, top pair is still only one pair, so even if you do force them out of a draw, you have to be convinced for almost certain that they are drawing because one pair is a below an average winning hand even.

lol I love people who can't fold in spots like K3 on K92 type boards to save their life. Such easy money.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    i always tray to make them pay for drawing hands

Experienced Member
    Soemtimes they aren't willing to fold no matter what... some people have a misconception that all in with a flush draw is a good idea... maybe it works for some people but not usually for me.

Quote Originally Posted by discinitup View Post
    Soemtimes they aren't willing to fold no matter what... some people have a misconception that all in with a flush draw is a good idea... maybe it works for some people but not usually for me.
    That's the point of charging them the wrong price.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by discinitup View Post
    This is a good thing for you. Sometimes they get there but in the long run, you are printing money off people like this. Learn to play against these types of people. Watch how they play their flush and straight draws and react accordingly. Ill never understand players who get discouraged by the poor play of others. Yes, they get there sometimes but in the long run, they are the ones paying you off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast