Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70456.89

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar

Seem to do very well after I hit 4k.

Hi.

I know that to be a good multi-table tourney plr you need to be aggressive. Let's say you only go in with monsters, but that way you'll never be consistant. Anyway, I always manage to showdown ppl enough to get to at least 4k respectively.

After that, I screw up.

Don't get me wrong, I've won a couple large tourneys (I think I placed 75th for a 9k plr tourney) but whenever I get past that average stack (3-5k) I get SUPER aggressive----like stupidly aggressive.

Today:

Ex1: Had j-9 and achieved top pair. Villain calls with a-4 hoping to catch a 5---he does. Goes all-in, and I call.

Ex2: Had q-j and achieved top pair. Villain raises all-in, I call---he shows pocket aces.

Ex3: Knew villain was going for flush draw. Raised him all-in with air and he calls. Next hand, I get pocket deuces and raise all-in...

Stuff like that. Am I scared of being a mediocre plr or something???

P.S. Needless to say, if I woulda held for the bubble I woulda walked away with some cash.

P.S.S. The title should read: "Seem to play very well untill I hit 4k."
    Last edited by eqgh5uea; 05-12-2011 at 09:31 AM.

Experienced Member
    the more tables there are the more money to be made love playing games with alot of people but you have to watch out for the donks

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by eqgh5uea View Post
    P.S.S. The title should read: "Seem to play very well untill I hit 4k."
    OK, that makes more sense now, reading your thread, I was thinking... not the right title for this thread...

Banned
    some time the luck factor gets u... the pros.. only win in a few out of a 100 so keep trying

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Seems like you should maybe slow down a little bit when you reach this stage in tourney

PokerOwned God
    For me its nearly the same, but other way round. I am playing to tight then.

Another forum told me to count my big blinds... I'm in a freeroll tourney right now and I'm back to 3k is I have about 90 BBs. I'm going to wait untill the blinds get bigger b4 I start to shove.

Private
    They are right. You say you do well until 4k but that doesn't really mean anything. Depending on where the blinds are at, 4k can be less than 10 big blinds, right? The sample hand you posted where you called down with top pair of Jacks against a straight- obviously that's a marginal call, but if the guy was super short stacked, for example, the call would be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Rundeep View Post
    They are right. You say you do well until 4k but that doesn't really mean anything. Depending on where the blinds are at, 4k can be less than 10 big blinds, right? The sample hand you posted where you called down with top pair of Jacks against a straight- obviously that's a marginal call, but if the guy was super short stacked, for example, the call would be correct.
    Ya, he was a weird plr. I could't range him very well... got pwned

How do u expect feedback when u dont give any info on the hands
    Uhmm..Did he really just call wi that and win?!?!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast