Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70017.54

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran

Rush/Speed/Zoom cash poker

Does anyone play the Speed poker cash games online? If so, what's your strategy?
    Fold until you get a monster hand and then go all-in or do you play it like you would play normal cash games?

PokerOwned God
    I used to play the game on FTP. I think it was called rush poker. I didn't play it like a normal cash game because I could just wait for a big hand.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    steal blind end wait for hand cal on ak aq 99 100 jj

PokerOwned Veteran
    I've been running a few test sessions where I've raised any unopened pot pre-flop and so far it's worked out ok.

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by charlymorton View Post
    I've been running a few test sessions where I've raised any unopened pot pre-flop and so far it's worked out ok.
    At which limits you did this ? And how much did you raise ?

PokerOwned Veteran
    This has been $.02/$05, $.05/$.10, $.10/$.20 and $.25/$.50 6 handed. Have also tried out $.50/$1, but haven't played enough hands to see if I'll be successful on that level, although I'm up so far. Have pot raised with any hand in any position if noone's called or raised before me. If folded around to me in SB, I raise 4BB.
    If someone 3-bets me I fold, unless I have a premium hand. I don't defend any blinds unless I have a premium hand, and I don't try to be creative with any marginal hands.
    I never flat call to see if I can get more out of the other player post flop. If someone raises before me and I hold a hand like AJ, I fold, unless I think they're trying to steal the blinds.
    If up against one person and I believe I'm in front on the flop, I bet, if not I check and fold if facing a big bet. If up against more than one player post flop, I only bet out if I have the nuts or near nuts.

The theory behind this tactic is simple; play the players, not the cards. Most players playing this kind of poker will play very tight as they will wait until they have a good hand before betting, as the next hand is always just a click away. If you're up against a lot of tight players, you have a good opportunity to steal blinds, just like if you're up against a lot of loose players, you should tighten up your game and pick your spots carefully.
    Also, playing 6 handed makes it less likely that your opponents have a hand they will play. I wouldn't recommend playing this style on a full ring table.
    This has been on the iPoker network, where players in general are believed to be softer, and often at night there aren't that many players playing, so youmight end up four handed.

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by charlymorton View Post
    Does anyone play the Speed poker cash games online? If so, what's your strategy?
    Fold until you get a monster hand and then go all-in or do you play it like you would play normal cash games?
    i try play a little more agressive.wait for premium hands works only long run and most the time ev1 folds.i play zoom pokerstars if i
    had 10 AA 8 times all players fold before i bet and after my bets.and no allins i did.

I fold till I get monsters its actually pretty kool and its really fast so it keeps you interested as you don't have to wait for hands to play out that your not involved in

LLB King
    I don't like it, it's not really poker, I will stick to regular games.

its a nice change of pace on tilt and i play them for abit of fun dont tend to take them serous (often play the game with any ftp points ive accrued) but will always prefer a good deepstack with 15 min blind levels!
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast