Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70699.93

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member lulabell79's Avatar

Question How do you have the patience to play the 5,000+ player tournaments?

There are so many tournies with small buy-ins and HUGE payouts because they are 5,000, 10,000, 35,000 players...but how do you keep your patience and dicipline long enough to get in the money? I play the 7,500 player freerolls on fulltilt with $150 prize pool and I have never cashed in one of the hundreds I've played in. I know that I am guilty of not taking freerolls as seriously as I do buy-in tournies, but even when I am devoted to the tourney, I can't seem to make it very far. Any strategies or tips would be appreciated!

Corporal
    play 45 or 90 man sit n goes they have a decent payout with not as much players, I don't take freerolls seriously either, you need to hit the cards to win a freeroll because the people on them don't care. I mean you could go all in and say in chat I have KK and they call with A7o because they have 3 outs its stupid I tend not to waste my time on the freerolls anymore but yeah maybe multi table sit n goes are the way forward for you.

GL at the tables

The freerolls on Full Tilt with 7k and 10k people aren't really that hard.

You just have to play well because people are donking out most of the time.

If you played well enough, there would probably only be around 900 players after the first hour.

Corporal
    fulltiltironman has a point the first hour either ur sitting in the table with donks or everyone who singed up for the tourney forgot about it so u end up playing 2 to 3 handed with the rest of the players sitting out..once u get passed these players its the donk part..i can say ive actually taking first place in one of these.. i got very lucky and to have finished the way i did most of the time i finish top 40 but that day i went on a good run towards the end..its all about picking ur spots.. gl

Zab
    If you can be patient EARLY in those large freerolls, its a donkfest. You can literally pick off players that are AFK and those that just dont care.
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

When I play in 5000+ players games I literally double down once and walk away from my computer waiting for probably half the the field to be left...then I start playing again....But no matter what I hardly ever take these games seriously....most of the time I'll just wait for another game!

Knight
    I love the tournaments with a lot of people. I just have fun playing so it is really easy for me to stay patient and not get bored.

Corporal
    If you don't consistently have discipline and patience at the tournament games, you're not going to be a winning player

Even thought bigger tournaments got over 5k players like Sunday Warmup & Sunday Million in PokerStars, it's not really that difficult to be patience and play for a long time.
    Well at least for me.
    Not every players call with the best hands, some play with 37 suited and so on.
    Just be careful and play as you usually do to win a tournament

Those freerolls in Full Tilt Poker take 5+ hours but you will get used of it.

Freeroll is the most difficult tournament to win but it's FREE
    Last edited by ProBlackbird; 02-02-2011 at 03:08 AM.
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

PokerOwned God
    I love playing big tournaments! I feel that it is exciting to try to win the entire thing. I have won freeroll tourneys with 9000 players in the them and have only wished that it was for more money.. I feel the the strategy is to not to rush yourself and wait for good hands but to sometimes play hands that you may not normally play with in case you catch something, thats if the blinds arent too big yet and also if you have a decent size stack.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast