Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63151.2

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Running cold

PokerOwned Veteran

Running cold

What do you do when you cant seem to win is it just time to quite?I have been running cold for about a month now and cant figure out if I should even go on playing or just give it up.I know that every once in awhile you will just run bad but I havent logged a win in over two months (i have "cashed" but am still down).Just the other day I got all my chips in good atleast a dozen times and didnt win any of those hands!!!!

Stick to freerolls to build your bankroll until you feel like you can start winning.

Seasoned Veteran
    log off and dont play for a bit, otherwise it will convince you of irrational stupidity

PokerOwned Veteran
    Thanks both of you I think I have decided to free roll my way up to $20 then small stakes tourney and sng to $50 just stay out of the cash games for awhile.

Seasoned Veteran
    I have been on a cold streak as well. It seems everytime I am doing good I lose to a hand that shouldnt be playing against me. That is poker tho

thank you very much for the subject and your success on page cuidate bye hug ..

i want the cold turkey NOW...........

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I would definetely stay away from cash when you're not running that well. Its the 1 form of game that running bad can really affect you. When you play tournaments and sngs-you're mentally starting fresh and its not the same mentally in a cash game. GL, hope your luck changes.

Elite PokerOwned Member MrPokerVerse's Avatar
    Might try running in the afternoon, with the sun at the peak of the heat index. Please make sure you have plenty of water though. Something tells me you might prefer jogging when its cooler but to each his own.

Opps sorry, just read the subject and replied, figured you could use the humor. If you were profitable before the "cold run" then I wouldn't change to much but perhaps tighted up a bit. Normal for players to open up and take more chances which really just makes it worse. Everyone who has played goes through this, best thing you can do is dig deep, look for leaks in your game and spend more time analysing. Sometimes you can do everything correctly and still not have the results to show for it. That is also normal, I have palyed what I think is perfect with no results and have had better results where mistakes were made. That can be the toughest part of this game from a psychological stand point.
    "When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience." anonymous quote

Elite PokerOwned Member
    never give up dud. go to a read poker book that will inspire you a bit

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast