Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63709.25

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Veteran

A Story and Advise?

With the help of Jaytodd I now have a brankroll to play with on Juicy. (thanks) So today started off pretty shitty. First I decided to try a $1.50 double or nothing SNG. Which I unfortunately ended up the bubble boy. Next I tried a $2 DoN this round I went all on the first hand with a set of queens only to lose to a set of aces (go figure). So after that I decided to chill for a while at a BCP freeroll offered here at PokerOwned.com ended up placing 5th for $0.94.

Feeling pretty good about BCP I then again decided to try my luck @ juicy only this time .2/.4 cash games. After mistakenly joining a limit game then leaving after the first good hand I began searching through the cash tables for rooms that weren't going crazy betting $0.30 cents preflop. Once a suitable room was found I sat down and sat out for a round or two to get a feel for how each player was playing. 4 players in particular were quite tight and only getting into pots in position against looser players. After taking a few mental notes on goes the game. The blinds probably went around the table 2 full times before I played anything and when I did it just happen to be AA against a new player who had just joined a hand or two before. Luckily this guy didn't know what he was getting into he bet the flop big then the turn and finally I decided to put him all in on the river which he called and lost.

After that I decided to try and steal a few flops unsuccessfully, loosing about half of what I'd won earlier. Yet again I get a monster hand UDT+1 Pocket Kings 1H 1D bet 3x bb the whole table folds except one caller. Board comes two hearts and a spade (I don't actually remember the cards except for the A of hearts) he barrels into me .30 I call, 4th street comes another heart he double barrels for .90 I flat call. Thinking to myself at this point oh no what are the odds of runner runner hearts cuz this guy has a flush. The heavens open another heart drops I check hoping for him to value bet himself but no luck Ace high nut flush. Saved by the river .

So with two $2-4 wins I'm about break even. Having started with $12.77 then a draw down to $6 I'm now back to $12.

Obviously I can't expect to be this lucky all the time so here's where I need advise. Cash games so far with my limited amount to time spent at the tables seem to be a hell of a lot easier than DoN SnG's. Do you agree? If you were me would you keep playing cash games or try DoN SnG's again or maybe even a small tournament?

One other question, Do juicy tournaments not pay deep? All the $0.50-1.50 tournaments I'd checked only paid top 3 or 5. None paying 10 positions.

Maybe a bit long winded but I do hope you enjoyed reading.
    Last edited by liquidxskin; 06-03-2013 at 09:05 PM.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Played in my first freeroll today on Lock and won $2 and then I lost all of it like 10 min later obviously I'm pretty upset by this hopefully I can regroup and work on my BR management anyways I'm really excited for the freeroll tmw and heres hoping I cash again good luck to everyone and yall better watch out for me bc im aiming for 1st lol

Seasoned Veteran
    GL in the next freeroll

PokerOwned God
    i would stick wth sit and go's cash games eats up your money fast

PokerOwned Master
    gl in next freeroll, you must win more coinflips next time :P

PokerOwned Pro
    SNGs are traditionally the BR builder, but if you are more comfortable with the cash game, then go for it. I usually do limit when there are good tables, and you can make good money doing it, but its a personal preference.

Experienced Member
    have you considered playing some fixed limit HE for awhile to stabilize your bankroll? If you play smart, you're not likely to lose anything and you can buy in for less than a dollar on the FL HE cash games.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    jesus chris fergeson had the same ups and downs but that didn't stop him from starting with zero dollars to ten thousands within a year... keep trucking.

Experienced Member
    I would play on merge. a lot more options for small bankroll.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    sng's are supposed to be the better brm, but the cash game's, if played right, are more profitable

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast