Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63614.64

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    It's basic division... I really don't know the point of it...

Thanks for the effort, Himmel!
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

PokerOwned God
    Thanks for the post, good information. Like to see the x faxtor thing.

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by GottImHimmel View Post
    I mean that's a legitimate post bmeelneg, however, it's important to be aware at all times. Personally, I prefer "X-Factor" But M is the classic tourney measure
    First off I liked your post so lets get that out of the way ...

I'm well aware of what M is having owned and read HOH (Harrington on Holdem) many times. I would still recommend HOH be read by anyone who hasn't read it.

He uses M to give you an idea of where you are and what you can do ... What "zone" you are in ... Green zone, Yellow zone ... etc. Green zone you can call or raise as you see fit ... you are "deep" so to speak.

If I have a M of 40 right now you would think you can survive 40 orbits before you are blinded out. But is that really true? Of course not. Blinds increase, so as that happens your M decreases.
    ===========
    As an example ... At the start of a tourney the blinds are 5/10 with a starting stack of 1500 chips. What is your M at the start? Ok I'll do the simple math here its 100. 1500/15 = 100.

Blinds go up to 10/20 just 8 minutes later .... blinds go up to 25/50 eight minutes later ... blinds go up to 50/100 eight minutes later.

So lets reevaluate our M with less then a half an hour later ... 8 minutes X 3 blind increases. Keeping the math simple you managed to stay exactly even with your starting stack of 1500 chips (say you won one pot played in that 24 minutes time). Blinds are now 50/100 and are chip stack is 1500. Our M now ... just 24 minutes later is now 10!

So I started with a M of 100 and now just 24 minutes later my M is 10. I certainly did not go thru 90 orbits in that 24 minutes.
    ==============

That realistic example of an online tourney illustrates why M can give you a false sense of security. Knowing and understanding M is fine ... just take it with a grain of salt.

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmeelneg View Post
    First off I liked your post so lets get that out of the way ...

I'm well aware of what M is having owned and read HOH (Harrington on Holdem) many times. I would still recommend HOH be read by anyone who hasn't read it.

He uses M to give you an idea of where you are and what you can do ... What "zone" you are in ... Green zone, Yellow zone ... etc. Green zone you can call or raise as you see fit ... you are "deep" so to speak.

If I have a M of 40 right now you would think you can survive 40 orbits before you are blinded out. But is that really true? Of course not. Blinds increase, so as that happens your M decreases.
    ===========
    As an example ... At the start of a tourney the blinds are 5/10 with a starting stack of 1500 chips. What is your M at the start? Ok I'll do the simple math here its 100. 1500/15 = 100.

Blinds go up to 10/20 just 8 minutes later .... blinds go up to 25/50 eight minutes later ... blinds go up to 50/100 eight minutes later.

So lets reevaluate our M with less then a half an hour later ... 8 minutes X 3 blind increases. Keeping the math simple you managed to stay exactly even with your starting stack of 1500 chips (say you won one pot played in that 24 minutes time). Blinds are now 50/100 and are chip stack is 1500. Our M now ... just 24 minutes later is now 10!

So I started with a M of 100 and now just 24 minutes later my M is 10. I certainly did not go thru 90 orbits in that 24 minutes.
    ==============

That realistic example of an online tourney illustrates why M can give you a false sense of security. Knowing and understanding M is fine ... just take it with a grain of salt.
    Awesome. Just awesome.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

me + math = not lol This is why I could not get through the first book.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Thanks for this I never new the numbers..

Experienced Member
    ok so i get the "M" outta my head and concentrade for other things like reading players..would be better then ;-)

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Thanks for sharing ..this post its ok.

Experienced Member
    that is very good advice thanks for the tips

PokerOwned Master
    for freerolls this is not god

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast