Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66152.88

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    I Gots You Dominated MovingFlea's Avatar

Question REAL hand examples, insight into my play

HAND 1
    I am in the middle of a PO freeroll. I am in middle position and pick up QTo. 3 people limp ahead of me and I raise it up to 7X the BB. I get two callers from the limpers. I have position.

The flop comes Jack high with low cards, they both check it too me. I check back. The turn is just another low card, but now there's 3 to the flush. They both check once more. I finally bet, about half the pot. It's a pretty big pot now and I get one caller. I'm disappointed because so far this hand has cost me a lot of chips and all I have is high card queen.

The river is a Q. My lone opponent goes all in, he almost has me covered. Normally I would take some time with this hand before calling, but I was feeling feisty that day and almost snap called without really thinking about it. I vaguely remember thinking, well I think he missed his flush draw or something.

The funny thing is he did miss his Queen high flush draw. His hole cards read QJ. His hand is two pair.

I can fold top pair, the pot just got too big, too quickly. It was bigger than either of our stacks. My thinking got clouded and the pressure got to me. Folding would have left me short stacked in a couple of minutes. I hate being short stacked, It seems I always bust out once I get less than 10BB. My subconscious figured, if there's any chance this call is good, then I am well on my way to placing in the money, if not then I will probably bust out anyways. I was obviously wrong.

Go ahead, give me some of your wisdom PO.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAND 2

aceydj Posts Ante 100.00
    rustillthere Posts Ante 100.00
    XXGraspingStrawsXX Posts Ante 100.00
    RLC12345 Posts Ante 100.00
    Seich01 Posts Ante 100.00
    rustillthere Posts SB 2000.00
    XXGraspingStrawsXX Posts BB 4000.00
    RLC12345 Folds
    Seich01 Folds
    aceydj Folds
    rustillthere All In 17626.00
    XXGraspingStrawsXX Calls 15626.00
    rustillthere Shows 7h,3s
    XXGraspingStrawsXX Shows 6c,Ah
    rustillthere Won 39752.00 from Pot 1 with Ten High Straight

The Pot was 24k by the time it got to me. The call would have cost me 15k. I had 5 BB left and I knew he was a very loose player so I called him knowing I would have 2BB if I lost. Good or bad?
    Last edited by MovingFlea; 10-18-2013 at 08:21 AM.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I wouldn't think about this hand too much. It suck being short stacked. Still, you shouldn't avoid it at ALL costs. Just play straight forward and don't worry when things go wrong. It will happen again and again.

When you are short stacked it's hard sometimes to know when to make a call to move all in. You have to watch the other players to see how they are playing and then make your move.

In a PO game (or low stakes) just fold hands like Q10 is my advice. Hands like that are called reverse implied odds hands. This means even if you hit your Q or your 10, you will likely be beat by the same pair, but with a better kicker.

The trick to beat a field is often to play against the grain of the field. Playing fewer hands than everyone will put you on the flip side of these exact types of situations.

Q10 isn't a bad hand, but it is a trouble hand and being forced to raise 7x while already fairly short is a disaster waiting to happen. Remember, pots grow exponentially. 2 bets into a pot makes for less than half the size of the pot as 3 bets. This is only inflated when all the calling station fishes force you to raise 7x to play a hand. Just make a disciplined fold here imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post
    In a PO game (or low stakes) just fold hands like Q10 is my advice. Hands like that are called reverse implied odds hands. This means even if you hit your Q or your 10, you will likely be beat by the same pair, but with a better kicker.

The trick to beat a field is often to play against the grain of the field. Playing fewer hands than everyone will put you on the flip side of these exact types of situations.

Q10 isn't a bad hand, but it is a trouble hand and being forced to raise 7x while already fairly short is a disaster waiting to happen. Remember, pots grow exponentially. 2 bets into a pot makes for less than half the size of the pot as 3 bets. This is only inflated when all the calling station fishes force you to raise 7x to play a hand. Just make a disciplined fold here imo.
    I don't always play QT, but when I do, I raise.

Yea your right Jason, my mistake was raising pre flop, I should have just called it. I could have gotten away from it due to the kicker being bad and not having any chips invested in the pot anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingFlea View Post
    Yea your right Jason, my mistake was raising pre flop, I should have just called it. I could have gotten away from it due to the kicker being bad and not having any chips invested in the pot anyhow.
    I know it looks like a pretty hand, but just think about how happy you'll be when you hit top pair and get no action and think about how mad you'll be when you hit top pair and get stacked by AQ or something. Looking ahead can help you save a lot of chips in these spots.

Banned
    first of wtf are you thinking raising 7X bb with q10 off.this was your first mistake! and a big one,idk how much was in the pot on the turn...but you should have just checked for pot control......and the fact that you have q high lol if you were gonna bet the turn you should have just jammed.Then when river comes you are priced in b/c of your turn bet...this hand was just plaed very poorly all around.Just my opinion

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post
    I know it looks like a pretty hand
    really???? Q 10 off is a pretty hand to you lmao....this hand is the ugly duckling of the poker deck

Quote Originally Posted by TacTownGOON253 View Post
    really???? Q 10 off is a pretty hand to you lmao....this hand is the ugly duckling of the poker deck
    I said it looks like a pretty hand, not that it is a pretty hand.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast